• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering pump bracket

cucvrus

I don't understand the question and which bolt you are referring to. That is not the lowest mounting bolt that I am aware of. The lower one is a stud.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry the middle bolt on the driver side the bolt on the back of the power steering bracket that tightens up and loosens for adjustment, it also pretty sure holds the water pump to the block

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The inherent problem is that the bolt/stud is sheared off inside the block.thred peice.
I don't know if this is a problem with these engines or trucks I've never seen anything like that. So I believe not sure that this is a wet hole. Will try to drill an easy out to remove. I would think there is not more than 3/8 to 1/2 inch of threads remaining in there. Any recommended part numbers for bolt/stud combo, a water pump replacement,clutch fan replacement, and radiator,
I know you're the Cucv expert on these trucks. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
John C

cucvrus

I would have the bolt stud you need as a replacement. Do you have any threads that are usable to get a stud started? Give the drill and remove tactic a try and report back. I myself just buy replacement parts from any of the local auto parts dealers. I look for the best price and the best warranty, Lifetime is the best you can get.
Duralast Radiator B850 (autozone.com)
Fan Clutch - Find the Right Part at the Right Price | AutoZone
Duralast Fan Clutch 22045 (autozone.com)
I would use this water pump. Good price and great lifetime warranty.
Duralast Water Pump DWP-598 (autozone.com)
Other may use this water pump. Over priced with a lifetime warranty and it is still imported from Main Land China.
ACDelco Water Pump 251-591 (autozone.com)
No difference it pumps water and keeps the engine cool. The name is what they are trying to sell. Good Luck and let me know about the stud.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was left of the threads on the stud as pictured was a
10 × 150 metric is that correct what is in the block?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not right at this time, you have a thread count on that stud?
so I know how many threads are in the block so I can confirm how much I think is broke off in there.

cucvrus

You have 2 identical studs on the passengers side. I think if I were doing this job I would remove the front timing cover and get right back in there. That is going to be a tough spot to work so deep in the engine. Some centering punches and a left hand drill bit may help. But I would do a little more work and get the issue corrected. That bolt was probably loose that is why it broke off. So getting the other end out may be a breeze. Good Luck. Let me know what you need when the issue is resolved. But I would change the front seal and everything else that comes off while in there. The oil pan is an easy fix also. If you haven't changed the rear main seal this is opportunity knocking.

I know you're the Cucv expert on these trucks.
I am NOT an expert. I am a NOVICE at best. I just learned at an early age to follow instructions and copy things that are designed and have performed well over the years without hacking and changing the multi million dollar design. That was Easy. I done my share of half fast work and learned from my mistakes.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think those studs on the passenger side are a little longer not positive , can you get the water pump off without removing the thermostat crossover?
No wonder why the bolts are broken some of this crap had to be at least 70 lb tight

cucvrus

Yes you can remove the water pump without removing the coolant cross over manifold. The water pump is attached to the upper STEEL timing plate and the water pump is bolted onto that steel plate from behind. I have the stud bolt you need here in my hand. There are 17 to 18 threads on the inner part. I hope that helps. The bolt is yours. I think it is best if you wait and get everything apart so if you need anything else we can do this in 1 exchange if need be. Good Luck and report back. You do have a few lower bolts on the outer water pump that are semi concealed so look carefully. Thank you.

cucvrus

No wonder why the bolts are broken some of this crap had to be at least 70 lb tight

I remember an old guy at the Sears Auto Center. He said tighten them until they squeak. He was referring to muffler clamps and that held true most times. Do you recall that squeak? Good Luck. Even a 3/8" M12 cordless Milwaukee ratchet tightens things beyond the torque if you are on it hard.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ordered the Duralast water pump. getting some tools for extraction without taking timing cover off first, getting a sleeve to go in the hole, so I can center drill, then make a perfectly centered drill hole to try to get the EZ out in there. I usually don't do stuff on the weekend because I'm too busy at work and exhausted by the end of the day. the Heat's down here 95 Degrees makes it fun.

Enjoy your day

cucvrus

Transfer Punch Set, 28 Pc. 3577 alternate photo #1

This set works well. I have used mine a few times and it was a gift from my Wife. She heard me say I wanted to get a punch set. I received this and a nail set of 3 different sizes. Not what I wanted but I said Thank you anyway. Good Luck.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never could understand why the drain on these radiators don't go to a specific area. but it's been that way for a long time as everybody knows

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks