• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

Much appreciated Sir.

Another reason not to use reducers to any quantity - is that it enhances the chances of the corners shrinking when it evaporates.
It might all go on smooth as a babies butt - but after some time you'll start seeing it cracking - so less reducers the better - use bigger tips - and make better adjustments at the gun itself.

Somehow I see the remainder of the cab dismembered - sandblasted - rust area's repaired - primered and painted by end of this weekend. (I just put batteries in my crystal ball and that is what it just told me).

Superdave

Single Stage synthetic enamel that requires an epoxy primer - making the subsurface non porrus.

Here is the brand name as well - it states you can reduce it up to 15% but there is no way I would do this after looking at the consistancy of the paint itself - I reduced at 1%.
http://www.tm9ordnance.com/index.asp

Thanks for the info. Have you used this paint before and how much better is it then the standard enamels ??

zout

For this paint if you visit their site - its just a color match criteria.

As far as single stage goes - personally I would not waste $ or time on a cheap paint but spend the little extra just to do it right and make it last longer. I like this paint over that other brand that is mentioned all the time here as I have shot just about all I will ever shoot again of it - I have had to repaint a couple units due to it. Second time around I went and had single stage made up in color from Sherwin Williams that I wanted instead.

If its a matter of you just want to "flip" the unit who cares as long as it looks nice for a while till you have cash in hand.

zout

In between waiting for the air compressor to build up air to blast the entire remainder of the cab - I played with the engine. A big bonus was when I was done blasting the cab I had spare time to get started on the hood.
pics of tonights screwing around.
Photo1662.jpgPhoto1663.jpgPhoto1664.jpgPhoto1665.jpgPhoto1666.jpgPhoto1667.jpgPhoto1668.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Absotively posilutely wonderful progress Commander Warp!!

I'm gonna order new marzel vanes and phase detractors Monday so we will have them when it's time.:beer:

zout

Those are sweet - I was going to ask what we were going to do with them blank area's on the dash and side of the box. Those will go right along with YOUR TWO brand spanking new WC 22 Manuals.
Parts Manual and Maintenance Manual I have.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding Bro!!! Now I can have the parts/maintenance manual numbers stamped in that plate:beer:

OH...have I told you today you're doing an outstanding job and how much I appreciate it?:papabear:

Last edited:

zout

Wanted to get the body work done and out of the way (minus the box) Hood is looking LUCIOUS and frickin awesome. The whole front end of the WC is what makes it stand out and hopefully I can uphold the quality in the end.

Now where did them cab mounting bolts and springs go to ???????
Photo1688.jpgPhoto1689.jpgPhoto1690.jpgPhoto1691.jpgPhoto1692.jpgPhoto1693.jpgPhoto1694.jpgPhoto1695.jpgPhoto1696.jpgPhoto1697.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think I see the mounting bolts in the seat riser on pic # 7.:whistle:

I've already used up all the complimentary words I can think of so I'll just say Holy Chit Bro!!:beer:
:papabear:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks