• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price for 3 multi-fuel complete engines with transmissions attached

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is a couple differences inside, not sure its worth a swap though. Unless they are the LDS-2a, that one is supposed to be 210hp.

Bo1

Whew!!!!! Got them home today. Those thing are heavy. My buddies 16 foot trailer was obviously overloaded with all 3 on it, and my 45 horse Kubota's front end loader would not pick it up off of the trailer. Luckily, my neighbor has a 95 horse John Deere, and his handled them with no trouble.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those came out of 5-tons, obviously. Good thing is they can easily be "converted" to be used in a Deuce. (See this thread...)
And you got at least one PS-pump, there! That part alone is worth almost what you paid, if its still good and works.

I'd say excellent deal![thumbzup]

Edit: I see a second pump now... you got the motors for free!:)

G.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you can get them running, they are worth what someone would pay. If I had them running, I'd put about $750 on each one, might sell as low as $600.

Without going through the motor, its still a crap shoot how long it might last.

Bo1

I'm not mechanically inclined enough to go through them on my own, but hopefully will learn from Garret once we get started on my trucks. If one is sound enough, I would not mind throwing a little money in it to replace one of the LDT's.
I will probably give him first dibs on anything he might need for helping me with my trucks, and get rid of the rest.