• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price of a used steering gear box for an M39 Ross Hydrapower

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am talking with two companies in the Netherlands who may have used Ross Hydrapower HF70 steering gear boxes for my M51A2 standing in the Czech Republic. What would such a thing cost state side? I know that on your side you still can get a NOS one for around $ 600. I could not find prices for a used one.

Reomie (Dutch scrapyard for USA army trucks) used to sell NOS gear box for around the same, but they are out. I asked a specialized company here, and they offer a complete new remake for over $ 2,000. The new camshaft costs $300 and the little pall sticking out of the Pittman arm running in the grove around $ 310. Crazy.

One of the companies in the Netherlands asked what I was willing to offer for a used one including the steering wheel. From the pics he sent me, it has been sitting several years on a parts truck without engine or hood or cabin. I can see that one of the hoses of the control unit is missing. I offered around 200 EUR (around 235) for the whole set. Does that sound fair, too little or too much?

Disclaimer: I am not asking for a used one; shipping costs from the USA to here is more than the price of a new box! I just want to know what a fair price stateside for a used one would be.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks