• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price of a used steering gear box for an M39 Ross Hydrapower

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am talking with two companies in the Netherlands who may have used Ross Hydrapower HF70 steering gear boxes for my M51A2 standing in the Czech Republic. What would such a thing cost state side? I know that on your side you still can get a NOS one for around $ 600. I could not find prices for a used one.

Reomie (Dutch scrapyard for USA army trucks) used to sell NOS gear box for around the same, but they are out. I asked a specialized company here, and they offer a complete new remake for over $ 2,000. The new camshaft costs $300 and the little pall sticking out of the Pittman arm running in the grove around $ 310. Crazy.

One of the companies in the Netherlands asked what I was willing to offer for a used one including the steering wheel. From the pics he sent me, it has been sitting several years on a parts truck without engine or hood or cabin. I can see that one of the hoses of the control unit is missing. I offered around 200 EUR (around 235) for the whole set. Does that sound fair, too little or too much?

Disclaimer: I am not asking for a used one; shipping costs from the USA to here is more than the price of a new box! I just want to know what a fair price stateside for a used one would be.

Last edited: