• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

primer and ospho??

drjconley

I have some surface rust on my m62a2 and I am planning on doing a paint job soon. I will be treating the rust with ospho and I was wondering if I need to or should hit the truck with some primer prior to paint. I will be using gillespie. If I should use primer are there any special types or kinds I should use with the gillespie.

Thanks for any help,

Jim Conley

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always use Rustoleum rusty metal primer, even on clean surfaces (but roughed up so it will stick). Always use a primer on bare metal, they are formulated to seal the surface.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I use ospho, followed by rustoleum rusty metal, then paint
depending on oh you use it the ospho may scale or leave a chalky surface. I use a wire brush then a dry cloth to remove it prior to primer scotchbrite pads would work too.

tjcouch

I use ospho, followed by rustoleum rusty metal, then paint
depending on oh you use it the ospho may scale or leave a chalky surface. I use a wire brush then a dry cloth to remove it prior to primer scotchbrite pads would work too.
Yup . . . did just that over the last month on my truck bed and m332 trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks