• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

primer and ospho??

drjconley

I have some surface rust on my m62a2 and I am planning on doing a paint job soon. I will be treating the rust with ospho and I was wondering if I need to or should hit the truck with some primer prior to paint. I will be using gillespie. If I should use primer are there any special types or kinds I should use with the gillespie.

Thanks for any help,

Jim Conley

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always use Rustoleum rusty metal primer, even on clean surfaces (but roughed up so it will stick). Always use a primer on bare metal, they are formulated to seal the surface.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I use ospho, followed by rustoleum rusty metal, then paint
depending on oh you use it the ospho may scale or leave a chalky surface. I use a wire brush then a dry cloth to remove it prior to primer scotchbrite pads would work too.

tjcouch

I use ospho, followed by rustoleum rusty metal, then paint
depending on oh you use it the ospho may scale or leave a chalky surface. I use a wire brush then a dry cloth to remove it prior to primer scotchbrite pads would work too.
Yup . . . did just that over the last month on my truck bed and m332 trailer.