• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pripyat, Russia

PorscheTech911

Actually better yet, google map Chernobyl, Ukraine then look north a little near the top of the large lake on the left. That's the plant and you can zoom way down into it. It's really cool to see!

51.38978,30.104256 < this will get you right over the plant. I love google maps, it's so cool to see this stuff!

I have been searching about an hour now, I haven't been able to locate those vehicles yet. Doesn't mean they aren't there, but knowing a little about Russia there are probably loads of the dump sites around the country.

A little north and to the west of the plant you can see the apartment city. Very quiet now, creepy even to look at. No cars, no people. Nothing there now.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

One thing that has my interest peaked, what are the items in the "white parking lot" across the road from the tails of the helicopters? The 4 long objects.

Stan Leschert

I will not do a recovery from there! Unless I can hire a private contractor for delivery and gift it to Ossama Bin Hidin! That might save a lot of Canadian and U.S. Forces lives... not to mention the poor civvies who were unlucky enough to get caught in the middle!

Sometimes You have to make a stand. Pick your time and make it worth it!

gunboy1656

Follow the Google map link on page 2, a little bit below the letter A, you will see a parking lot (best way to describe it). 2 white parking lots, the large one has 4 large objects in it, spaced apart very evenly.

Stan Leschert

Gunboy1656. I have no idea why they would have SCUDs there, but that's what it looks like to me. I'm sure that NSA has already sussed this one out, but I'll ask a few COMBLOK/INT pers that I know. If I get an answer that I can PM, I'll let you know.....if they will even tell me! rememer that this was just not a powerplant!

Stan Leschert

srodocker: the 7th post on page 1 gives a fairly accurate account of what happened. They are going to glow in the night for a very long time. A lot of brave firemen died to clean up the mess. A weapons program may also have had a major setback (just a suppositon)! ......Whatever. Don't bid on these vehicles!

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Well keeping them there would be one way for them not to be attacked by anything, but I am going to guess they are nothing more then cranes that were used in the clean up. Just seemed a little weird with the way they are parked. Let me know what you find.

And PorscheTech911, what seems weird to me, is that sat image you posted, almost looks like that plant could come online tomorrow, just need people to work it.

PorscheTech911

Gunboy1656. I have no idea why they would have SCUDs there, but that's what it looks like to me. I'm sure that NSA has already sussed this one out, but I'll ask a few COMBLOK/INT pers that I know. If I get an answer that I can PM, I'll let you know.....if they will even tell me! rememer that this was just not a powerplant!
Those are definitly not SCUDs. Those things look like some kind of earth works. Not vehicles.

Seeing as how these are in the Ukraine, I doubt you'd see them for sale on GL anytime ever. Most of the vehicles probably suffered alot of from the radiation, they won't glow but they won't run again I bet. One of those helicopter shells and the surrounding parts would look very cool in my field.... :D

Stan Leschert

I hope that you're right. From the shots that I could bring up, I only got rough dimensions. I think that the bright boys in Langley were on top of this one... I hope! Here we are many years after still trying to guess what actually went on. I doubt that we'll know in our life times. I will still try to get an answer from my guys. Don't hold your breath! If they actually do know, they won't talk about if for a few more years. This was a BIG OH S**T incident. Whatever else might have been effected is purely my speculation! BTW grass grow fine around there now. a few more blades...... Don't eat the salad in Kiev!

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
boy, talk about conspiracy theorys!! not everyone else in the world was evil. the mentality of the soviats was to cover up very embarrassing situations.

anyway here is a good video of the 'graveyard,

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grGdVqViUAU&feature=related[/media]

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
my guess would be that those sites are related to power transmission. that is not the only one , there are others that look similar. they were in the process of building reactors 5 thru 8, and only took #4 off line in 2000.

PorscheTech911

Well the reason I say they are not cranes or SCUDs is because of their uneven shape and when veiwed closely they look like indentations not a raised surface like a truck or building. I wish Google would tell you when the photos where taken, so we could tell how much activity there would be at the time. The plant didn't melt down so everything would still be intact. It's the surrounding area called the Wolfs Land that tells the story about how dead the dead zone really is. No lights, no traffic, no people. That whole place is a grave of the Soviet era.

I must be super bored, because all this and Elana's websites are keeping me entertained for hours! Thanks for posting this all up! I wonder what other mysterious places you can find on google maps? Other than Area 51

PorscheTech911

The words spoken in that YouTube video are directly from what the lady wrote in her websites about the place. It's cool to see a video of it, I wonder if she was the one to make it or if it was someone else.

The nevada bomb sites would be cool to see, i'll look them up asap.

subhunter

Check out Amazon for this book. It gives an amazing story of what went on.

Ablaze: The Story of the Heroes and Victims of Chernobyl (Hardcover)

~ Piers Paul Readhttp://www.amazon.com/Ablaze-Story-...sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269347568&sr=8-3#
Piers Paul Read (Author)
Visit Amazon's Piers Paul Read Page
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central

(Author)
4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
6 Reviews
5 star:
(1)4 star:
(4)3 star:
(1)2 star: (0)1 star: (0)
See all 6 customer reviews...

Available from these sellers.

7 new from $18.80 29 used from $1.01 4 collectible from $14.49

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks