• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progressive Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

djimmy31

This is straight from progressives site

What Progressive Does Not Insure - Progressive

Vehicle Types We Don't Insure
Progressive does not currently offer commercial auto insurance for the following vehicle types:
•Military vehicles (Pinzgauer, Unimog) <<-- not sure if they just mean those 2 companies or all

I'm sure all the guys that have had MV insurance with Progressive for awhile are probably grandfathered in.

Peepaw

Bear in mind that you must keep your vehicle in a locked garage, and you can only do shows, parades, and occasional joy rides. No loads allowed.

-Chuck

Well I guess that kills them as my insurer. I don't own a garage, much less one with a lock on it.
They had a dropdown box that asked where the vehicle is parked, I checked driveway. Oh well.:cry:

roscoe

One thing you might want to double check on- when you are asked the weight, its usually the GROSS weight they want. They don't care what it weighs empty sitting in your driveway, they are concerned with what it could weigh full loaded going down the highway. I know all of my insurances have always wanted the gross weight. Mine didn't bat an eye when I told her it was almost 18k lbs.
Wouldn't the GVWR be 23k? On road capacity being 5 tons.

nhdiesel

Oops...I'll have to correct that. For now I'll leave it until I get my Kentucky truck home. Its missing the data plates anyway, so I'll be more concerned with the DOT if I were ever stopped (for a vehicle in this weight class they require a data plate with weight info, must be original). My insurance co. isn't concerned about a few lbs., its still in the same class. But just wanted to point out the GROSS weight vs. NET weight difference.

Jim

zout

I guess for one I would like to see the comparison of apples to apples as "Flo" states in the commercial.
My wife is a State Farm Agent - what do you have as a deductable accounts for what your payment is - what you have for comp and collision accounts for what your coverage is - your driving record accounts for this - do you have multi car coverage with the agent ?
If we have a set standard for comparisons would be much better to see what Co. really shines here for MV users and their type/weight of truck.

M109A3 - $385.70 for 6 mnths
Breakdown is this:
Liability and uninsured coverage at 250/500/250
(this coverage is $277.00)
(uninsured) $53.69
Deductable with $500 collision
(coverage $31.79)
Comprehensive with $50 deductable
($23.22)
multi car discounts - house - life ins - perfect driving records.

djimmy31

State Farm

M35A2 - $200.00 for 6 mnths
Breakdown is this:
Liability and uninsured coverage at 100/300/100
(this coverage is $170.00)
(uninsured) $30.00
No collison
No Comprehensive
NO multi car discounts - house - life ins - perfect driving records.

That is the only vehicle I have insured with State Farm at this time.

Peepaw

State Farm

M35A2 - $278.03 for 6 mnths
Breakdown is this:
Liability and uninsured coverage at 100/300/100
(this coverage is $256.13)
(uninsured) $21.90
No collison
No Comprehensive
$250 deductible
NO multi car discounts - house - life ins - perfect driving records.
I could have gotten the multi car discount if I had gone with my other State Farm agent. I didn't do that because this other agent had just insured a friend of mines deuce a couple of weeks before. I fugured it would be easier on everybody as they already knew what they were dealing with.

number9

Great thread and great timing. I've got to start looking at insurance for my new to me Deuce.

About 2 weeks ago I changed my motorcycles from Geico to Allstate and it went from $115/mo to $45/mo. I was so pleased that I moved our vehicles to them from KY Farm Bureau, upped the coverage amounts and still saved $100 every 6 mo's. I'll have to give the guy a call and see what he can do on the Deuce.

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Allstate didn't bat an eye, my agent just needed all of the specifics. I don't have the truck yet, but the plan is to put it on the commercial side for farm use.
My Allstate guy goes through Hawthorn (I believe) and the quote is around 150 a year.
Only catch is that they need a picture of it in the lockable d garage it will be kept in.
I have a shop that I can use for a picture but I'd have to remove some heavy stuff to back it in, so I'm waiting for a quote from some of the providers listed in this thread...

ETA: It may be Hagerty. MY online quote is $124/year.
I need to clarify the company my Allstate agent goes through.
They require a pic of the exterior, interior and engine bay. He say the pics are to see if it's stock or modified and the garage is to prevent vandalism. Sounds like B.S. to me that's why I'm shopping around, but he said the pics/garage are required.

Last edited:

stumps

I don't understand the garage requirement?
The collector policies assume that the vehicle is valuable to you, and you want it insured against theft, and damage. You assign a value to your vehicle, and if the vehicle is damaged, stolen, or destroyed, you will be compensated up to that value.

That said, they want the vehicle in a locked garage to help prevent theft, vandalism, and damage from the elements. The garage requirement reduces the insurance company's risk, and allows them to keep the rates very low.

-Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.