• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

Their not Hutchins - But its german Hauslaband or something like that. I have 3 of them along with the in line sander - top notch tool. Got wet sanding with the 3m hookit stuff I can submerge the da orbital into the water pale and keep on attacking - does not hut a thing and keep them lubed

zout

Well - if your not doing much sanding like I do - why not just PM me and ask if ya can borrow one for a few weeks ???? All you need is the sandpaper then.

Rmtaunton

Thank you thankyou , but I have 5 jeeps ( yes I have a problem) 4 are older than me plus a 47 ford tractor for a long time friend to redo, my goal is to get 53 cj3b done for rally , my orbitals work for the big stuff but then I have always just used a wood block , which I am sure you know will wear you out . So I think it's time to get a couple quality sanders.

zout

Jeep left last night after getting a STAR on the hood painted - I would do no more to it.

We have a run off election here tonight so we're going to do what needs to be done - disgusting on response of others who do not give a chit what happens - that is a whole nother site to carry that on in I guess - But WE"RE going to go do what AMERICANS should do - VOTE.

Now that my rant is over and I feel much better - after voting heading to Northern Equip and get some supplies so I can finally get started like I should be on Adam's 37 - and I am sure being on his end I should have been a little farther as well and not a total slacker. I love Northern Equip and ONLY if I had more $$$$$$$mo la I might be happy (na).

Get some blasting media - get some Da sandpaper and see what tomorrow night brings.
Got the front of the garage all cleaned up and pressure washed - got a couple things to move in the garage once I can stick it in - then ya all hold onto your breath - do not blink - do not twitch - we'll see what this idiot can do with a Navy M37.

zout

Was that M37 up for sale a HIJACK of this thread instead of posting it in for sale chit ????? Premium member to post chit up as well I think ????? That post should be DELETED.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to Northern Tool in San Antonio today and they said the Atlanta store called and wanted to know where Zout is. I am sure they will be pleased when you visit. :D

Last edited:

zout

Removed the doors lower running boards rusted out seals - cleaned up the gauge bezels before duct taping them off - on the backside of the cab there were rivets protruding through and annoying and sure hope Ferro was not fond of them. Got all the lenses/lights/reflectors/gauges all duct taped off and ready to start spot blasting hopefully tomorrow night.

Played a bit on the drivers side interior door - spots not sanded get spot blasted.
Got done with what I could time allowing.DSCN0314.jpgDSCN0315.jpgDSCN0316.jpgDSCN0317.jpgDSCN0318.jpgDSCN0319.jpgDSCN0320.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got to visit the Northern Tool down by you Z when I came to the cookout. I had to pick up some more Anti-Monkey Butt.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow... Adam is a lucky man. I don't see the usual rot along the door bottoms, bottom corner on the rear of the cab, or under the grill on the front fender/lights.
Looks like you can whip this one out without much magic required by the "Commander"!:beer:

zout

There is no way around it unless you just throw in the towel and just not do it - meaning the front of the box & rear of cab area's that have had gobs of paint thrown on them through the couple inch space available - and then you sure cannot get a coat of paint on hardly any of it the correct way.

SO - after some talking with myself which I do a lot - box is coming off & most likely this weekend. I already have the box hold down bolt kit ordered to put it back together correctly w/right hardware - besides the front of the box is dented in towards the cab and this needs to be straighted as well. Just makes more sence to seperate them and do the box by itself with the chassis and remainder in the garage. I can always tarp over the box while working in between items.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks