• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

If you open the hood full tilt you can sneak the welt on the cowl. As for the fender to hood side rubbers I have fully cleaned all the years and layers of paint off them - I can either paint them or tape over them leaving them black.

The chances of removing those fenders and the years of rust - might be asking for more problems than what its worth as its not a full restore anyhow.

Tonight is put on the mask an resperator in the sun and 92 weather and start blasting the box.

Last edited:

zout

Yeah I know I am a little late posting up stuff for the other two folks watching this thread.
Digital temp gun should explain why for this ole chit standing in the sun with breathing apparatus on along with goggles - not whinning - it was just hot and when I got to the tail gate I was feeling it.

For those wondering - YES I will be removing the grille center piece once back into the garage a little later to get the radiator cover plates and the grille really good.

The product shown is a FREE SAMPLE (I love those words ------ F R E E) Adams frame and possibly the floor of the box will get shot in this and then get the paint on it - suppose to be good or it may not be - we'll see. But it just saves a heap o money on the customers part and I use every resource I can on anything.

I doubt I will blast tomorrow night but will see what it looks like - latest back on it will be Sun morning after return from the Gathering at CAMO and blast in the early morning as soon as the sun comes up.
DSCN0424.jpgDSCN0425.jpgDSCN0426.jpgDSCN0427.jpgDSCN0428.jpgDSCN0429.jpgDSCN0430.jpgDSCN0431.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang! Thats hot! Reminds me of M.O.P.P. level 4 training at Ft.Hood. I know you know, but friendly reminders never hurt. "Drink lots of fluids!"

God bless
Tony

jasonjc

"Yeah I know I am a little late posting up stuff for the other two folks watching this thread."

I must be chopped liver then! I have to check in on your work 2-3 time a day or I start to go into withdraws.

You do great work and show that it can be done with a few hours here and there between all the other stuff life thoughts at you.
Thank you and please keep the post coming there are a lot more then TWO other folks watching this thread.

Carter

Not sure where I am in line but count me in as watcher number whatever, been through this several times my self so I hang-out and watch the show and a good one it is.

zout

To excited to head to CAMO for the Gun Truck Gathering - all I did was sweep up about 3 bags of blast material on the ground so I can re-use it again here Sun am when I get back on the box.

Tomorrow morning I will head over to Home Depot and pick up the paint so I have it on hand when ready along with a couple more sets of cheap over the face goggles for the rest of the blasting.

More to come Sunday night I guess unless I just drop dead but who knows.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
To excited to head to CAMO for the Gun Truck Gathering - all I did was sweep up about 3 bags of blast material on the ground so I can re-use it again here Sun am when I get back on the box.

Tomorrow morning I will head over to Home Depot and pick up the paint so I have it on hand when ready along with a couple more sets of cheap over the face goggles for the rest of the blasting.

More to come Sunday night I guess unless I just drop dead but who knows.
Sorry Commander but you can't "just drop dead"!!! You must submit a request (in triplicate) four weeks in advance to CAMO Headquarters and then be classified as "obsolete" and/or "no longer needed".:rules:

I'll just save ya some time and tell you in advance your request will be denied!!:beer:

zout

I would imagine the hardest part of having your own vehicle at someone else's place to get worked on - another reason to post up stuff as I go along so the owner can either call me right away or not depending on if they like what is getting done. This includes changing anything as we go along as well.

Stopped over to Home Depot once again and the paint mixer asks right away - "What Federal Paint Code you want mixed up now" (nice I have him trained quickly). So I told him the colors and he is right at ease getting into the codes.

Hope you can tell the colors and labels as well - both in semi gloss Behr Marquee paint.DSCN0432.jpgDSCN0433.jpgDSCN0434.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if back to back m37s would be possible and with mine Dave could have full artistic control.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Commander took a short break and he and Zout-2 came down tonight for a most excellent experience...I'll let him tell that experience.

I just wanted to comment the gray looks awfully dark to me...but honestly, I don't know squat about paint.:shrugs:

zout

I just wanted to comment the gray looks awfully dark to me...but honestly, I don't know squat about paint.

That is why I am happy being color blind. I can tell by how wet the paint goes on and the surface - other than that the color means squat to me - does not register in Zouts brain - how it looks overall is what I see.

Sun morning back at tackling the blasting on the box - should have the full exterior done as well as the inside walls. See if I can load up a half a cup of that paint - get the back of the box sanded down and front of box and shoot it - no reason to waste high build primer on it - getting a good coat of paint on it is more important. Then ya all can throw it around how the color looks - but Ferro has the last say anyhow. rofl

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the colors probably are different in person then they seemed on the color chart you emailed me. Different screen coloring and all. Like you said all you can do is shoot some and see how it looks. I can always use the paint on a shed or something if it doesnt look good on the truck. Dying to see some color on the old girl!

zout

After the last couple weekends I had to remember where my garage was and how to open the door when I woke up this morning - if ya notice how much was done it will tell ya how fustrated I was looking for my garage door opener.
Last pic of the full group is second coat of paint on the back of the 37 under floresent lighting.
Full box exterior blasted
Full box exterior put into 2k bare metal primer
Cab rear and front box painted
Full box exterior put into 2k high build primer

Next step - move the box over - slide the chassis out and clean it up - shove 1/2 of it back in the garage - spray the chassis - mount the box and get it back into the garage - box interior can be done inside mounted.DSCN0474.jpgDSCN0475.jpgDSCN0476.jpgDSCN0477.jpgDSCN0478.jpgDSCN0479.jpgDSCN0480.jpgDSCN0481.jpgDSCN0482.jpgDSCN0483.jpgDSCN0484.jpgDSCN0485.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks