• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

Keep calm there buddy - long way to go yet - its only a teaser. Got to get it set up to get the box back on. Lots of high build to shoot yet and even more sanding in my future says the crystal ball of Carnac aua

zout

I feel it an honor to let the owner go do what he wants to do in whatever form he wants when I am done - that is why I am looking carefully at the stuff I put on it to allow him to do that and STILL make it look like he wants - tough job on my end but I hope it all works out.

I am not physic or nothing - but something just feels array with something here - cannot put my finger on it - but something just seems like its about to FUBAR - or - it may have been that CROWN PB gave me at the GATHERING - but something seems ammis - we'll see. But I have a bad feeling knawing at me that something nasty is working around thing thing.

o1951

I am not physic or nothing - but something just feels array with something here - cannot put my finger on it - but something just seems like its about to FUBAR - or - it may have been that CROWN PB gave me at the GATHERING - but something seems ammis - we'll see. But I have a bad feeling knawing at me that something nasty is working around thing thing.
Yeah, I know. Someone said he is going to run it in a Demolition Derby. Will win for sure.

zout

Adams will be the last one for a while.
Gotta get the 909 up to the garage and get started on that receiver hitchy thingy.

Been readng a lot on Aquaponics gardening - I already have a huge water pond with fish - see if I can build a greenhouse over it and add some plant beds - Check that system out - its pretty cool.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout,

The M37 is starting to shape up and looking very good.

On a side note, there is a local company that is doing the Aquaponic gardening thing on a large scale. I toured the facility about a year ago and was amazed by it. They raise Tilapia and Yellow Perch in the pools under the gourmet lettuce among other veggies.

Bert

zout

Very cool Bert. Mine will be small scale - just gotta get my head wrapped around I will have to work with wood again and build a small greenhouse - puke.

Will get the box moved over tonight with the cherry picker and slide that chassis out and start cleaning it up so I can get the box back on - may take a couple nights of wacking at it. Also see the change in the Gray painted darkening up a shade and shoot you a dried look of it.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have the car hauler by the weekend. I have located a patch of kudzu that should work.

o1951

In the photo with the Bud can on the wheel, do is see a custom backpressure relief slot on the outside bend of the exhaust pipe?

What did you spray on the tires and frame? Brings back memories- looks like cosmoline.

Always enjoy looking at your projects.

zout

Adam - I do not own a forklift and I did not do this - your driveshaft has been impacted there fella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got done with what I could today - lots of chit in turmoil with the job issue happening and going to happen come Monday - so I have absolutely no clue what my life will be like after Monday but I know its pretty hectic right now. I will work on the 37 as I can and we'll get there in the end but I know a date he wants it for to show it off - right now its just more pressure.

Rear chassis in that chassis coating and it appears to be a great product - although with nearly the same darkness of cover paint to go over this I hope it shows up really well - wish that stuff would have come in a gray or something for this particular application for Adam - but I like free so I am not bitching.
Here ya go:DSCN0507.jpgDSCN0508.jpgDSCN0509.jpgDSCN0510.jpgDSCN0511.jpgDSCN0512.jpgDSCN0513.jpgDSCN0514.jpgDSCN0515.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to replace that driveshaft, with a dent that big, it is not long for this world. At the very least, replacing it will remove a harmonic imbalance that it is causing.

Also, now is a good time to grind off that stupid ball hitch and mount a real pintle one. If military vehicles were supposed to have ball hitches, they would have them from the factory.

rickf

Is that a weld next to the dent in the shaft? Well Adam, looks like you are gonna have to put some new shoes on the horse now. Those tires are looking a little used up.