• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project heading to the scrap heap!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the best idea so far. I doubt that I would add the winch anyway, but a hydraulic would be best.

rdixiemiller

I drove an M-108 that had been repowered. It was a mid '50's truck that had one of the early multifuels in it. I can't remember which engine, I was only 16 or 17 at the time. Ran nicely, and the boom was really nice. It was in a military salvage yard in DeFuniak Springs fla. in the early 80's.

I'll talk to Bruce in the next coupla days.
I'll still take the M-105 if we can ever get together to make the swap.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Matt and those with interest, I made the sales pitch. Lets say it didn't go over as well as I had planned. I know when she says go for it too quick, there's a problem. I've moved slowly and it looks like it might happen very soon. The pipeline truck has to go as well as the M447C expandible trailer. Steelsoldiers said his dad was interested but haven't heard back yet. Maybe I scared them away with price. Anyway, thats the status right now. If I do everything right here I could be on my way to get it Sunday. We'll see, wish me well. Honestly, can't wait to get it here and working in the yard. Moving 870# gensets in the dirt with an engine crane isn't a bit of fun.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still don't see why you can't keep the pipeline truck (M756A2) bed as a low profile project. It's almost complete. Just the bed part that is.

Bjorn

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too much junk in the yard Bjorn. With my current time constraints and money constraints, it's best to turn it over to someone else. Without the revenue generated through the sale of it, I can't buy the wrecker. Tough decision but one I had to make.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, if anybody talks to Chris, see if his Pops is interested in the pipeline. I'm needing the cash to close on this wrecker. Anybody interested in an M447C semi trailer?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you asked, its an expandible semi on a tandem chassis. Both sides open and it has heat and a/c (unchecked). I'm trying to attach a couple of pics. Come to think about it, this might be the only military van trailer you could tow with your boom in the travel position. Might be close.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
looks good on the back of your 275, what was it used for in gov. use, would make the altua pop out camper,just screen the sides

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a genset repair trailer. It had various items of test eqipment in it. The nose had 5 loadbanks on it when I got it but they were quite rusty so I scrapped them. It origianlly had aluminm panels for the sides but they've long since been taken. The Gov't made canvas curtains for the thing too. It's a cool trailer and I'd like to keep it but the wrecker is screaming my name and I'm about $1500 short here.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
dont think i could pull it, my boom end is 7' from the king pin center.

Desert Rat

Well, if it weren't for the travel trailer I'd be interested. Kenny, don't "accidentally" smush it now!!! ;)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on the wrecker plans. I've secured the funds necessary for the purchase. If all goes well, I'll be on my way to get the thing in the AM. Love to leave real early but gotta wait for the bank to open to get cash. I spoke with the guy today and he charged the batteries and fired the gasser up. He says it runs great. I'm taking the little tractor up and piggybacking the wrecker home. Should be an interesting ride for sure. Fortunatley I know these roads very well. I've built an adapter plug for my towing lights so everything should be in order. Now If I could only find my camera. Wish me luck folks!

FSBruva

Kenny-

I know you hate to part with some of your NEAT stuff, but it sounds like the wrecker is a match made in MV heaven. And heck, it even runs!!!!

Can't wait for the photo update!!

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks