• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Off-Grid M109A3 w/w log

srodocker

thats exactly what im doing with the acces switches. going to order 10 switches and 10 levers. i may do a floor switch for my 9 off road lights on my headache rack. might not be a bad idea. would I use the same switch or with the pic you shown does it have one built on it?

wsucougarx

Wow 9 lights...you'd definately need a relay for that application;-) I would think you wound't need the hi/lo beam floorboard switch. I'm thinking if you turn on those 9 lights, you'd be offroading where you'd need the extra illumination. You would need to find out the wattage you're going to use and use Ohm's Law to figure out your amps. That'll let you know what kind of relay you'd need. If using a relay you can pretty much use any switch you want as the switch would only be used to "activate" the relay itself and not power the lights directly.
I'm only running upto 10 amps with my aux lights so the accessory switch are more than enough for that app.

scottjhl

I like the light idea... I should post some pics of my old personal pickup... more lights than I knew what to do with...

Nevertheless - alley lights i do believe are VERY necessary for my kind of application - and also maybe point some of the top lights off center and away from the cab so you can see whats near by the road/trail.

srodocker

In my deuce build thread *link in signature* i'll most likley be buying them soon. im searching which housing i want to use. and making my own cab rack.

EwaMarine

I used Behr ultra exterior flat in FS34094 aka to us, 383 green...shoot it out of a hlvp gun and you will be shocked how good it looks and lasts. Go a couple of coats on the initial base green... They have all the three nato camo colors on the paint computer.....just give them the FS numbers you need. Literally that easy...

wsucougarx

LOL, what outstanding timing. I picked up all three colors at HOME DEPOT last week and started painting last Wednesday. I decided to reseal the roof and well...one thing lead to another. I decided to repaint the truck;-).
Here's what I used for color codes:
383 Green-FS34094
383 Brown-FS30051
Black-FS37030
Just in case you guys are curious 686 Tan-FS33446
Just as mentioned. Take the FS....... code into home depot and let them know these are the Federal Standard color codes. All they have to do is plug the numerical code in and viola. Be sure to request Behr Ultra Exterior FLAT.

wsucougarx

I haven't done a whole lot with this trucks due to the M939 series truck coming into the yard. Most of my time has been spent on the M925A1 guntruck. Now that project is winding down, I have started refocusing on this truck. Not sure what I'm going to do but I still want a military style camper in the box. I just want to utilize military or other USGI components to complete her. Creature comforts aren't really my focus as much as from a purist standpoint. We'll see where this project takes us. Albeit, this will be another drag on for a couple more years type of deal. Life is really busy right now with Fall Little League in full swing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks