• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Again - re-paint

zout

I have to say - when I took all these after pictures I used PcTrans truck to show off the truck that is how cool it is - this is NOT your TRUCK Swiss - This is Pete's Truck.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to say - when I took all these after pictures I used PcTrans truck to show off the truck that is how cool it is - this is NOT your TRUCK Swiss - This is Pete's Truck.
Thank you Commander Zout for clarifying, I was getting worried this looked so good :)

Swiss Likey TOOO

Elideclan2

Commander zout.
Thanks for starting this thread, and congratulations on another beautiful paint job!
I have recently purchased "flynns wild dog" to use as a wash prior to my own paint project.
Did you dilute the degreaser? Will the degreaser damage tires, or rubber hoses?
and lastly how Long did you let the degreaser sit on the truck.
thanks,
over and out.

zout

Thanks I appreciate that.

I used a 2 gallon spray plastic unit like you spray your yard with week killer. I used the straight stream so I could reach areas and soak them up.
I did sections at a time - top to bottom - front to back. Cab/Hood was one area to give you an idea. Then the pressure washer was already set up to start hosing. I did full strength and I used about 2 1/2 gallons for the entire truck.

Make sure you wear gloves and safety glass's.

When all done I just used the spray nozzle on the hose and gave it a royal rinse then just let air dry.

zout

Holy Crap ain't this thing done YET - after all its at Commander Warps DZ.

Swiss has his soft top that has been installed - I have his cargo OD cargo cover that is in the works for pressure wash Saturday after feeding 3 squirrels at the Waffle House in the morning - then give it some time to dry out and see what I can do to flick that baby on before the rain comes into Georgia tomorrow night and then snatch some pics of it in full array (HEY a PCTRANS mini me truck) now that is FUNNY.

zout

Got that mil due smelly cargo cover pressure washed today - even took out the big dog WILD DOG with a truck wash mix to kill the heavy layers on the exterior of it - man did that baby reak of smell and stains.
It actually looks OD with camo on it now.

No one else around the house so I am thinking of getting some rope and tying it into the loops and pulling it across the bows to get it up and on and cover - Just need that pic of it attached just to tick off Swiss for all his hard work on the Ga Title issue - he just deserves a break and see something cool happening to his truck behind his back to help my Bro out without sticking me in the med center this weekend. Heck next weekend the KC COMES whoooooo hoooooooo - thought that poopo head would have brought it by now.

zout

Not sure of what you are asking - but click on the FORUM Link at the top and glide down the thread listing towards the bottom. There is a thread link for Bodywork and Paint that has many awesome informations and a ton of info.