• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Again - re-paint

zout

That's the Ga Mafia beat your arse to death lean - or otherwise known as I'll fall over if I do not lean against something quick look.

zout

Easy there Pete - chump arse yellow is easy to do for curb feelers - that is like home boy intercity parking use I take it in FL.

Or are those to find your truck in the grocery store parking lot - like them folks do with balls on their antenna's to locate their car's.

Better yet - I have for sake a 5 ton no title - no registration - no keys - last ran when parked so there are no duplicates - ahhhhhhhh Some one be sure to call Swiss his truck will me MIA.

Anyone can paint one on flat cement ground under a carport - anyone notice the shooting cirumstances.

I will arm wrestle ya for Swiss's truck at the ZOUTS COOKOUT how's that. roflno really roflall in fun bro

zout

I think that is the second time I have saw PCtrans pic of his truck and I really like it - just never paid much attention to the fine detail he had on it at the rally.

When Swiss started I believe the first color of choice was the 24052 Fed Code - he wanted the black as the last couple MV vehicles done had flat black highlights on them. He then saw the lighter 34094 color and wanted a test shot of that in paint so that is what he brought me. He just liked the color and I could tell by his enthusiasm that was what he was going to stick with - so I did not hesitate to get more than a test area painted.

I will say - when that 34094 is mixed and you open the can - there was no way you would believe it would darken that much - it was lighter than pea green - a disgusting color but it dries up nicely.

Never really paying attention to what PC had painted and how Swiss wanted his some things just got sprayed black when it might have been green and vice versa - I dislike "candy colored copies" meaning copying someone's anything so you have one just like it.
Swiss's stands out in its own way and so does Pete's - I like them both for what they are and the hard work that goes into doing these types of jobs.

Hope this explains a little more why Swiss went into these colors - I just paint what the customer wants and I do input some as you see the project change in front of your eyes where something can go either way - need to give the customer that choice that you are seeing it in a different way - hope this makes sense ??

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think that is the second time I have saw PCtrans pic of his truck and I really like it - just never paid much attention to the fine detail he had on it at the rally.

When Swiss started I believe the first color of choice was the 24052 Fed Code - he wanted the black as the last couple MV vehicles done had flat black highlights on them. He then saw the lighter 34094 color and wanted a test shot of that in paint so that is what he brought me. He just liked the color and I could tell by his enthusiasm that was what he was going to stick with - so I did not hesitate to get more than a test area painted.

I will say - when that 34094 is mixed and you open the can - there was no way you would believe it would darken that much - it was lighter than pea green - a disgusting color but it dries up nicely.

Never really paying attention to what PC had painted and how Swiss wanted his some things just got sprayed black when it might have been green and vice versa - I dislike "candy colored copies" meaning copying someone's anything so you have one just like it.
Swiss's stands out in its own way and so does Pete's - I like them both for what they are and the hard work that goes into doing these types of jobs.

Hope this explains a little more why Swiss went into these colors - I just paint what the customer wants and I do input some as you see the project change in front of your eyes where something can go either way - need to give the customer that choice that you are seeing it in a different way - hope this makes sense ??

Would you PLEASE explain all that again,

zout

NO - but I was going to draw little stick figure people to explain that - but my hands are tired also and I cannot draw either.

Another Ahab

Be sweet to get that cutting-edge talent applied remotely (and it's said that everybody has a price):

- Individual commissions accepted?

- Does the "Zout Show" ever go on the road?

zout

Once the Bill passes to where my truck and others are legal in the State of GA - Zout will hit the road with Jokers Wild indeed to celebrate.

bigginstactical

As I will be painting mine soon with the same brand paint I was wondering if there is any further prep needed between coats? I plan on doing the camo and just want to make sure that each color sticks to the next? I see you re coated many days later and it looks sweet, So I would imagine I shouldn't have to do anything when switching between colors days later. Just makes me nervous coming from an auto body background to not prep things fully haha! Doing good work man keep up! Thanks for these posts, they have been very informative.

zout

No not really - just as long as your using the same brand and type paint - chemical reaction from your background you will understand that concept - if you mixed brands and types then I would be worrying about adhesion.

Swiss's RS fender had some deeper chip out of the original paint but not down to metal - I DA orbital sanded these to feather the edges a little - used a brush and layered the paint into them - then final sprayed over the entire fender. Same thing used to fill paint chips in a car body.

Just have to be careful when cutting this down with water and bigger tips like 1.6 - 1.8.

Will get onto the underside of the chassis between tonight and Thur - suppose to be getting colder with rain again around here.
Was screwing off yesterday as Zout 2 bought me a new garage door and opener - very nice - and got the spindles changed on my mower deck while down there and a few HD pics of Swiss's truck like he posted above.

zout

Taking pics near dark o thirty is a whole nother look at it especially under FLASH conditions. It just highlights more area's you can see normally with natural light - besides WHO is actually going to climb under their truck to make sure every nook and cranny has its 20th coat of paint on it anyhow. Should Swiss post a POLL ????

No hidden pics in the camera - just a short array before heading up to the house to eat and prepare to head to CAMO tomorrow for KC pictures.100_1875.jpg100_1876.jpg100_1877.jpg100_1878.jpg There are a few more pics I am not posting as I use these only for reference to go back and hit them highlighted area's that the flash brings out. Being color blind is a bitch.

zout

That is what I just told ya above ya knucklehead - look at the last post and stop looking at pics - its up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks