• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

That's why I never posted pics DH provided me of the jeeps - was not my place to post pics of stuff not related to what I was purchasing.

Anyhow - driver called and jeeps could be delivered late tonight - letting the transporter bring them at 8 am tomorrow.

Broker I used was a great company to deal with.

Oh yeah - pics of work will be added to this thread.

Again I appreciate all that have added information to this forum on these related jeeps - I have been reading everything I could set my eyes on and get stuff printed forehand.

zout

Jeeps arrived this morning a little after 8 - bummer is I had an appointment scheduled at 9 that I could not miss - so it was unload - keep taking pics - get in the car and rush.

Sat all day thinking about getting home to tinker with them in any shape - manner or form - just as long as I was doing that and not working.

Here are some long overdue pics of the arrival and a certain thanks from my wife to DH
(DH) I will be shipping your straps back to you whether you like it or not next week.

here are some pics

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The straps belong to the "trucker".

I am very happy to see your wife likes it!

I can't wait to watch you fix 'er up. I really hope you enjoy it.

zout

she is still out sitting and playing with it - she told me to cook my own dinner if I was hungry - I see a strange change in attitude since the rally - all I can say is awesome. Eggs sound good for dinner :cookoo:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you have a set of postal jeep fenders for it. Nice if they are the fiberglass ones, I picked up a set for dad's CJ-5.

zout

Waited this morning for the wife to leave - ran the hose to the hot water heater to pressure wash with this soap I have - you can see the results.

I washed hers first so when she came home the pain was not so severe.

Got one in the garage and working on getting #2 in as soon as it is done drying.

Then let the games begin

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that your rasta(hat) on the bottom-side of the hood, or is that a wasp nest?

Last edited:

zout

them is FREE transplanted flying northern wasp - owner thought they might be a little warmer down here I guess:driver:

that sounded better than telling ya it was my camo hat sitting there.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pic 2, Flintstonemobile! :-D

zout

I am bringing my camera for how it should look pictures

Like that movie Doc Hollywood - there are always parts left over when you work on stuff

I might even give Dinger a nude to ride down with us:mrgreen:

That will surely give her some incentive to get er going an participate on it when she can - thx PB as always - my payback is liquid refreshment

zout

Dinger65 came over today and got a lot of parts removed also got his enginew/trans out and saving that work for another day down the road. As you can tell - a ways to go yet.

Got him to take a yaba daba do picture as well.

The wife's M38A1 jeep - got the body off that and tucked away inside.
Spent most of the morning and just till after lunch pressure washing - degreasing - more pressure washing - threw a little acid bright on the frame as well to chew off some of the hidden layers of paint - looks great. Tucked the chassis back in the garage and pulled just the engine on hers. I included a rebuild data tag info just so you could see it.

I fully understood #1 rod was checked so I just got a peek at it and packed it up for the day cause I am a sissy. AND - the :beer: was calling my name.

BTW -it was in the 70's again today and great weather to get this all done - I am sure the cold we get down here is not far behind.

hope ya all like the pics

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dave...before ya start buying rods/engine parts wait til ya come down on the 20th.:driver:
I know I have a parts donor engine and I THINK marvin may still have some donor vehicle body parts.

Bring a shopping list...and Dinger if ya can hog-tie him!!:beer:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy crap Zout! Pouring the coal on the project fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks