• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am sorry that tub came to you with all that trash in it-I absolutely have run out of time to get anything done lately. In between clintogf's motorpool of deuces, household duties and work projects, I don't have enough time to think straight.

zout

no problem - it was all frozen inside anyhow - going to fire up the big pressurewasher and clean it and move it inside the shop to dry out before taking it home - looks good.

I know how that honey do list works

zout

Tub gets moved to home base tomorrow
Replacement tools accumulated today @nibbler @full mig cable feed cable

Piece of metal took a bite outta the Miller cable - that invoice hurt.

Luckly I have a full spool of wire and can finish up the body pieces that was started long long time ago.

That way PB can get off my case about being a lazy fella and get me away from my cherries and back to the grindstone.
Somehow I think a distorted laugh coming Huntsville Al way:evil:

Fuel for the garage heater all set and tunes set to 106.7

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: chillier than a well diggers arse down here and I may stay in the garage around the "heater" and "antifreeze"

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
God, I can't believe that was the tub. I read that back in 2008. Zout, on G503 there is a M38A1 tub in the M38 forum in AL at a junkyard that is actually a panels only tub you may be interested in for panel patches.:mrgreen:

zout

Tile all done in the bathroom yesterday aua

Swapped out my new Miller Mig feed cable - dang thing keep spooling up the wire on the feed - then ran out of gas - auaaua

Got Dingers springs just set in place to show what they look like - these are not stock springs.
Headed out to the gas station and just wanted to post a couple pics - trying to get the fuel tank pan in and make sure all is OK on the mig before I finish tacking in the brand new tail gate

Did finish nibbling out the drivers floor pan and got it punched for welding - will get this flanged out then cut out the old section and get this in place.

Any fanatic jeep owners that see things are not going in "perfect" - I do not care if its original or not - when the economy swings around and I have buku $$$$'s to spend - I will do it then - but I'm not holding my breath.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
God, I can't believe that was the tub. I read that back in 2008.
I know. Time flies.

That tub is rougher than it looks-I hope Zout's lungs are bondo resistant or he's gonna' be a one-time only Ga. Rally participant. :p

I greatly miss our Jeep-I sold it to put some startup money in the bank for a project that should go live after 1-Jan-11. There is a super duper sweet local Jeep that is unrestored I would love to have, it's so nice it makes our old one look junky. But it's high $$$-too high for me.

Maybe if next year goes better than this one............................. ;)

zout

Pic of my blowhammer (rubber) got a look at the sticker and I just HAD to change it - lousy close up pic but I changed the name to Doghead instead of Deadhead - never mind it was funny down here at the time :beer:

Got about 2 tablespoons of bondo in the side - rest is tac welded in body sheet metal flanged and punched - not perfect - but I am not building a Historic Monument.
Cleaned off the floor panel to get tacked in - did not finish that as I was too busy writing on my hammer - bitch when you work alone and only you think its funny :beer:

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm honored!:oops:

Looking good.

zout

Now if I can get AmGeneral to come down from his "high" of eating my Cherries and talk a decent price on another M38a1 I see in the Classifieds here - there COULD be 3 in the garage (that would be one for yours truely) as I am just the worker on the other 2 at this time.

I did not mention I laid the rubber hammer in the sizzling hot metal and smell the burning rubber and giggle a bit - dang - that had Dogheads name on it - push it in one more time just enough to ignite a flame on the rubber.:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

zout

stinikin snow and freezing temps in gA - even the camera did not want to turn on in the garage - you are soo lucky not to have to look at pics again [thumbzup]

Engines loaded to take to the machine shop tomorrow morning

Tub turned around to access the back corners

My friends Harley diagnosed and he has to go get parts tomorrow so I can get it out out of the garage.

Deb's ole blue chassis rolled outside and covered to make more room.

Dingers springs mounted - diff'd swung into place and ready for u bolts

Dingers bogbone roller bearings rebuild kit on site - need to rebuild the dogbone.

Oh yeah - do not want to forget - fresh bottle of Crown popped open in the process :jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
stinikin snow and freezing temps in gA - even the camera did not want to turn on in the garage - you are soo lucky not to have to look at pics again [thumbzup]
Oh yeah - do not want to forget - fresh bottle of Crown popped open in the process :jumpin:

Hmmm...wonder if that "fresh" Crown bottle explains the lack of pics??:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks