• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Changed out the fan blade today and got the two heater hose fittings plugged. Will be putting on the radiator hoses tomorrow night.

Got the parking brake installed and adjusted.
Got the fuel tank line ran to the fuel pump and mounted in.

I still need to locate and purchase the top to the air cleaner as shown in this pic (stolen from another site for reference only) and the clamp and intake air horn.

Got all the flooring sections cleaned up and installed and clutch adjusted.

If I happen to drive it outta the garage I am not telling any of you cause you will squeel to Deb on me and my arse cannot take any more impacts from her at this time.

Working on funds to get the full and complete wire harness ordered from Vintage Wiring of Maine - they are not cheap.
:popcorn:
Like anybody here would do that...specially if ya sent 20 bucks!:whistle:

Attachments

zout

Got Debs exhaust system in - Pedestal bolted in tight with grade 8 hardware - ahhhh gotta look around for my 50 cal now.

Put in Dingers water pump - had all the material for 2 pedestals so I started wacking his out today - still a little ways to go on it.

Still lots of body parts (M38A1) to shop around for - just looking for used stuff. Plus still have lots of little parts to pick up for Debs as well to do the "look" to the jeep.

I really hope by spring I can have Dingers where I want it to be and outta the garage (yes I have ideas for a new project).

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pedestal bolted in tight with grade 8 hardware - ahhhh gotta look around for my 50 cal now.
I noticed in either the MVM or Supply Line (don't remember which) the MVPA had an ad for copies of the origional blueprints for the M31 pedistal for $10.98. I might have to order one! Might be an interesting mini project.:beer:

zout

Jim - I think I saw that on G503 site and I saved the site at work - think is called jeepdrawings or something like that. I was going to order his prints but could never figure out how he wanted paypal sent to him - so I figured I would just hack up a couple mounts - I have no doubts in my welds.

Then I went to BMG site and saw the prices for the top end pieces minus the M2 - holy cow is sort of the lines of what I was thinking after seeing the prices.

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Zout i have that slave plug for her jeep somewair! i will find it and get it off to you. I wont work on mine and was made for hers. Its brand new in the box.

zout

Gotta tell ya Jim - YOU DA MAN. Now I want a bumper sticker that says:
"Jims My Hero - I want to be just like him"

Those are some very nice prices and I think I may ignore ya all now and go shopping (I see another picture in my future)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got Debs exhaust system in - Pedestal bolted in tight with grade 8 hardware - ahhhh gotta look around for my 50 cal now.

Put in Dingers water pump - had all the material for 2 pedestals so I started wacking his out today - still a little ways to go on it.

Still lots of body parts (M38A1) to shop around for - just looking for used stuff. Plus still have lots of little parts to pick up for Debs as well to do the "look" to the jeep.

I really hope by spring I can have Dingers where I want it to be and outta the garage (yes I have ideas for a new project).
I know you are VERY good Zout but I don't think even you can fit the GOER into your garage:shock::beer:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB - if that GOER shows up here - all I can tell you is that is might not be original when done - but I think you have a funny inkling of what it will look like when I call you that I have it done and ready for picking up.

There IS room alongside my garage - I am like a postman - nor rain nor shine or heat of day will keep me from my tasks.

(but this is not the project in mind unless PB shows up with it)

Ah!!! So you did make a deal for the AC130 with CARNAC??:beer:

zout

Gimp only showed Deb how to use my camera's flash (did not know it had one) so one pic is dark till Gimp shows up again. Maybe the lack of balls detains me from being able to use the flash ? Go Figure.
Recent work on Her jeep.

Fabbed M31C pedestal
Original Pivot
PB & CAMO supplied the trunion and feed tray

Other stuff came yesterday and got it all mounted - have one part coming from Chief yet and that is the drivers fender blackout bracket - gotta buy a light for it yet though.

I am back at the drawing board and will be making a M2HB replica from the 1/4 aluminum I have - I also ordered up a spoolmate 100 for heilarc welding off my Miller Renegade 180.
Should have bought all that valaline someone had here months ago and make a liquified vasaline FLAME THROWER out of it !!!!
Grandson sat his BB gun in it today but the camera was not down in the garage.

Attachments

zout

Gonna see about welding up a fake 50 today - did not run first to actual size before printing it off the first time so It appears I also get a small version as well - two are better than one.

Attachments

zout

My neighbor does elec work at a shop - they build some really expensive machines - he does the control wiring & they have a fab shop (I could live in that place).

If I change his boss's catalytic converter last night I was allowed to play with the tools - can you say Plazma Cutter.

In that place 350 - I would have to figure out what to do after lunch.

zout

GOOD -cause check these babies out. Still more to do on it. That is my neighbor who helped with access to the shop he works in and IS LOOKING FOR AN M37

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.