• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

I will bring a pair of vice grips and pinch off 1/2 the voltage - you gotta tell me when to stop[thumbzup] when ya need a jump Tigger

PB - the right thing to say is Tigger is height imparred - but he is a maniac in minature form

zout

Now if we can ever get PB to get the lead out and finally get started on that jeep - we will have at least 4 jeeps in out own area at the next Ga Rally 2011.

We need a smiley - with someone holding their breath. Like after eating a mouthfull of Cherries.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So...ya want jeeps eh??

Now if we can ever get PB to get the lead out and finally get started on that jeep - we will have at least 4 jeeps in out own area at the next Ga Rally 2011.
We need a smiley - with someone holding their breath. Like after eating a mouthfull of Cherries.
Zout you have seen what's in them 3 box trailers we cut the tandems off of.
How many jeepies ya want us to bring??:shock::shock:

I was hoping we could bring a going GOER this year...but if ya want jeepies...jeepies you will have..LOL!!:-D That's easier...and cheaper[thumbzup]

zout

We need a bigger camping spot this year - I see it coming PB - the Goer is IN and once ya get that 53 footer this year from someone - ya all can tote those jeeps along. Clinto needs to start working on a bigger field (that the horses have not traveled) - of course them there horse paddies made some fine fermenting fluids

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We need a bigger camping spot this year - I see it coming PB - the Goer is IN and once ya get that 53 footer this year from someone - ya all can tote those jeeps along. Clinto needs to start working on a bigger field (that the horses have not traveled) - of course them there horse paddies made some fine fermenting fluids
I've invited some combat engineers-they are going to move the fence 30' closer to the road in the middle of the night.

8)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Paddy Water

I agree Sir...that was some of the finest "hooch water"
I've had.:shock:

Attachments

zout

underside flooring in place - supports for both sides still have not shown up - maybe tonight.

I have another project I have been working on for some time and want to finish this up.

I Got a free sample of this product and took a peek at their site:
Undercoating (TK-44)

Stuff I got a can of was the Tekton 44 undercoating and free use of their spray gun.

Only sprays 25 sq ft per the instructions per can - and I want the underside totally coated and sealed. Will see how this stuff works - If not I will use my Herculiner and emtpy the can and fill it up with Herculiner and spray.

I do see they carry sound proofing products and other intersting stuff.

zout

Well - the vendor I ordered the cab supports from - I never asked if they were in stock - and they never forwarded the info they were not in stock - so I am sitting waiting for them.

Today - Finish up the rear area - wheel wells - back underside deck straightening it today - watch it blizzard out here in Atlanta - get the back 1/2 bedliner coated - watch it snow some more.

Got Dingers dogbone all rebuilt - nit picky simple stuff. Remount that and stick new grease zerts.

So much for wishful thinking and wanted to have had the bottom side all done (lost interest when I heard the supports were not in stock) and get it flipped and work on just painting this weekend.
And watch it blizzard here in Atlanta.

I did get all but one item in this week for another toy I am working on - and was hoping to use that while I was working on the jeeps - and watch it snow.

I will post more pics after the bottom side is done and flipped and painted.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well - the vendor I ordered the cab supports from - I never asked if they were in stock - and they never forwarded the info they were not in stock - so I am sitting waiting for them.

So much for wishful thinking and wanted to have had the bottom side all done (lost interest when I heard the supports were not in stock) and get it flipped and work on just painting this weekend.
And watch it blizzard here in Atlanta.

I feel your pain Brother. Seems like there's always a fly in the ointment!aua
(It's usually my fault in my projects though):cookoo:

As you said...I just move on to something else...preferrably something with little or no hard work:beer:

zout

I actually took PB's advise (seeing how he is my ELDER [thumbzup])

Deb wandered down and wanted to do the bedliner coating - well EH - have at it - did an awesome job. Will finish once the cab supports get welded in.

Whipped out the hood as the air hose always wanted to hook it - tad bit of hammering out divits in a couple areas.
I took the pic of the dogbone for Dinger and too lazy to remove before posting.

Hey PB ----- "IT" is working great :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin: (new toy)

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WhooHoooo

I actually took PB's advise (seeing how he is my ELDER [thumbzup])
Deb wandered down and wanted to do the bedliner coating - well EH - have at it - did an awesome job. Will finish once the cab supports get welded in.
Whipped out the hood as the air hose always wanted to hook it - tad bit of hammering out divits in a couple areas.
I took the pic of the dogbone for Dinger and too lazy to remove before posting.
Hey PB ----- "IT" is working great :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin: (new toy)

Outstanding Zout...Oh...and the jeepie looks good to!!:driver:

Pooch1128

I just came across this thread and have spent the last hour reading all of the posts. I would like to say to Zout that is been a tremendously wonderful read and that I have truely enjoyed being able to follow along with your progress. You are doing a great job, and it has been fun looking at all of the pics. I have redone and converted 4 6x6's for fire service but never a Jeep. After following along with your project it almost makes me want to do a jeep project. Keep up the good work and keep the GR flowing.:D

zout

Pooch - thanks for the kind words - greatly apprectiated

I bet you get a Jeep started before PB gets his jeep started - and PB already has one sitting in the "wings" rofl

And better yet - I bet you get your Jeep started before SRocker gets his trailer camper started rofl

:roll: - did I say that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

srodocker

Pooch - thanks for the kind words - greatly apprectiated

I bet you get a Jeep started before PB gets his jeep started - and PB already has one sitting in the "wings" rofl

And better yet - I bet you get your Jeep started before SRocker gets his trailer camper started rofl

:roll: - did I say that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hahahaha

im actually cleaning out the trailer of all my project parts! so im moving forward hahah

zout

Sending ya all notheasterners a WHITE present tonight - you can keep it.

Anyhow - no big deal of pic of a hood - but - I would like to know what primer was used on this previously.
There were some small dimples - really deep grinding marks - if you blow up the pic you can see the remnents (I know there is a dent) BUT - it appeared this was an epoxy primer plus a filler - you could not tell any of this was under the primer - plus the crap was on with the grip of god and harder than a rock. I used almost an entire box of paper (yes good quality) and not sanding wet cause it would freeze down there. Paper I used was a Ryno hardback and I think it was 80 grit.

Anyhow - it was great primer and a good job done on the previous paints. Some had no green left and others had several coats of it under the primer - plus yellow and a tad bit of red in a couple areas.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.