• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

yeah - hood done
Called PB earlier today when I was playing with my latest toy

Finally got the cab supports a week later - been sitting at UPS due to the weather - our trucking company ran all week while these lazy chits stacked up packages. laid the supports out and you know what had to happen

MURPhY laws hit the fan.

Passenger side fit like it is suppose to - drivers side fit like a bag of chit. Called the vendor and seemed to be no big deal and could care less = send us pics so we can see how ya all screwed up I guess.

Went outside and screamed at the sky for a few seconds out of fustration . Hate it when vendors think they are gods gift to making your life easier and totally forgot about customer service and they actually are in business because of YOU - take YOU out of the equation and they are out of business - DUH.

By the way - correct year parts ordered on my part - per year and vin #.

Got Dinggers steering all put together - next step on his is the brake system.

Headed out now to beat the crap outta a tree with a seldge hammer out of fustration - ya all like puzzles - put this one together

Headed out to take my lovely wife out for her birthday dinner.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So where did you order them from? I bet I can give you a number to order the correct ones the first time out.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks totally different than these, who by the way makes them. Looks like the one piece is still in the tub and missing a bend. After really looking at them I'd say both sides are messed up.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Well = they sure don't look anything like that for an 55 M38A1 like I ordered
Keiser Willy's is who I ordered them from.

I sent an e mail over 2 weeks ago still unanswered - nothing to do with the supports - Now I have another e mail to them with pics. CRAP.

$238 plus free shippis (should be free shipping).

Had a great dinner with mama for her birthday - great Italian food - just rolled back in.

PB - my hand to eye coordination is always dead on - no matter what. Of course some things are needed to fine tune that attribute rofl.

I bet I am at least 2 more weeks before things get correct on these supports - patiently waiting to get the tub painted - yeah I know I should have had this done weeks ago - but then again I am a total slacker

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you take enough of those Budwiser cans and braze them together you can make you own supports. You sure are talented enough.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Continue the mission troop

Well = they sure don't look anything like that for an 55 M38A1 like I ordered
Keiser Willy's is who I ordered them from.
Had a great dinner with mama for her birthday - great Italian food - just rolled back in.
I bet I am at least 2 more weeks before things get correct on these supports - patiently waiting to get the tub painted - yeah I know I should have had this done weeks ago - but then again I am a total slacker
Glad you and Deb had a good time...THAT's what's important...oh..and tell her happy birthday from MB and I??:D

Those hat channels are a minor set back...there's plenty of other stuff you can do I betcha...don't let it steal your thunderaua

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, I'd return that kit and order the one from Midwest Military. Notice that the cross piece is one piece? Not to mention you save 98 bucks.[thumbzup]

zout

I will make calls tomorrow - KW did not even stock these come to find out - they were shipped out of WI someplace.

See if I can get them to give me a UPS pickup for return as well.

I checked out their web site and it even shows the set I got as the ones listed for this unit. Oh Well as they say chit happens

zout

Hndrsonj you are so correct. On the MM site I just got tired of looking at part numbers and never went through to the end - then finally pics. I am more of a visual person and need pics - and stopped and shopped at KW.

Mike made it all right today - these are CJ5 supports. They are sending out new correct ones and having UPS pick up for free the wrong ones. Could not ask for a better help than that - so instead of just getting my $ back I gave them the opportunity to correct the mistake and they did.

BUT - I know to go elsewhere to the back pages and look at pics next time :beer: - and YES PB I do mean :beer::beer:.

I do have a blowgun in the garage so when the beer cans are empty I can use em for instinctive target practice and take out my fustrations. - Look like mini porcupines laying around. I was going to say possum but I did not want to hurt that other guys feelings.

zout

KW got the package picked up for free for return of the wrong parts - So I e-mailed them today to find the shipping number for the correct one:
"We're making them" auaauaauaaua

so anyho - back to the "other" toy to play

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Life's a b..ch and then you die!!!! It always seems to happen when you are really into a project. Good luck with the delivery.

Last edited:

zout

With all the drama going on elsewhere I just plain went down to work on jeeps.

Helped Dinger65 get his rear axle tore down to the spiders and parts laid out to see what is needed on the rear end - next weekend get the front tore down and get an overall perspective on parts needed to order.

I screwed around and finshed the hood and got the glass pulled and windshield framework started.

Waiting on supports from MM like other members here sugested - when the others were sent back free of charge - and I called the next day the parts were indeed picked up I inquired to a shipping # of my correct parts and I was advised they were being made - at that point I requested for full credit so I could get them from a supplier that had them in stock $98 less (thanks again to those that showed me the link).

Attachments

RDFD1

Zout, in case no has mentioned it earlycj5.com has a forum dedicated to the m38's. I am restoring a 56 willys and have found a "1/4 ton" of info there. Good luck!

zout

skid plate there ole buddy
rofl

that'll teach me to fall on the ground and try to put stuff together - plus all the floppin around I just put the parts where they fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks