• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

PB - check out pic #1 of the tub painting - its sitting on the bench - its either kill brain cells or kill the lungs - seeing as the brain cells are almost non existant I just continue on rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Over rated

PB - check out pic #1 of the tub painting - its sitting on the bench - its either kill brain cells or kill the lungs - seeing as the brain cells are almost non existant I just continue on rofl
Brain cells are over rated....the wizz kids pride themselves on having them...but don't have a clue what to do with emrofl

I still have two live brain cells...but one is in a coma....and several wizz kids work for me :deadhorse:....wonder how they feel when they go home at night??

Paint on Bro:grd::grd:

Attachments

zout

I had another problem with a toy I was playing with so I did not get as far along as I wished

Parts are either sanded - soaked in stripper then high speed wire brushed and blown clean - hand sanded - but whatever way the parts coming off are lossing their upwards 1/32 nds or more coats of paint.

I guess after thinking about it - that is what saved the assembly - lots and lots of coats of paint so it did not rust worse - but slowly they are getting turnd into dust.
Hope ya like - yeah they will get their own coat of paint.

Hit 71 today around here - much better - garage doors open 106.7 classic oldies channel on and working on Jeeps - PRICELESS :jumpin:

Attachments

zout

I high speed cut the rear seat section to heat and straighten the framework - got it as best as I could - cause I was not about to buy a new framework or padding. Still need the cushions and I just might make these as well and also the front drivers seat cushions.

Cleaned up all the hardware for the seat as well.
Will get back to painting all these area's one it warms back up again and almost all of it is installed

Gotta get the rear seat so a friend of mine in Columbus can lay out in the rear seat while Deb drives and some guys nicknamed PB rides in the passenger seat with her - ain;t no way the boss would be left behind while the other goes for a ride :jumpin: - back seat is just for him.

If anyone can answer this question: Is the rear seat backrest suppose to have a stop on it so it does not lay against the tailgate ?? I would appreciate whatever help you could provide - I cannot locate it in the TM's.

Attachments

zout

By the way - for those sharp eyed members:
The rear tailgate supports are NOT welded to the rear floor - I have carpenters clamps to help pull this area of the flooring back up into place and then clean it and weld it and then paint it.

And if you did not notice - ya should have [thumbzup]

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I high speed cut the rear seat section to heat and straighten the framework - got it as best as I could - cause I was not about to buy a new framework or padding. Still need the cushions and I just might make these as well and also the front drivers seat cushions.

Cleaned up all the hardware for the seat as well.
Will get back to painting all these area's one it warms back up again and almost all of it is installed

Gotta get the rear seat so a friend of mine in Columbus can lay out in the rear seat while Deb drives and some guys nicknamed PB rides in the passenger seat with her - ain;t no way the boss would be left behind while the other goes for a ride :jumpin: - back seat is just for him.

If anyone can answer this question: Is the rear seat backrest suppose to have a stop on it so it does not lay against the tailgate ?? I would appreciate whatever help you could provide - I cannot locate it in the TM's.
Looks great. You're gonna wanna double up on the passenger seat padding though. I suspect you already planned for that.

rofl

zout

Dug - I do not think my wife (whom it belongs to) will not let me even take it out the driveway (but I have a big area of GA powerline before I would have to get there) to test it.

She probably will not even let me get a passenger seat - but I know she will more than welcome PB to ride with her - them CAMO guys have an edge on me. Then she made me make room for the real boss of the CAMO group to ride in the back seat.

Go figure of what 32 years of marriage gets ya.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Looks good, im getting ready to pull the body off of mine to get a piece of the frame replaced where it rusted out. then i will repaint and put it all back together with new brakes and lines to be ready for the GA rally. I need to make new litter racks for it the ones i have are in bad shape.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dug - I do not think my wife (whom it belongs to) will not let me even take it out the driveway (but I have a big area of GA powerline before I would have to get there) to test it.
She probably will not even let me get a passenger seat - but I know she will more than welcome PB to ride with her - them CAMO guys have an edge on me. Then she made me make room for the real boss of the CAMO group to ride in the back seat.
Go figure of what 32 years of marriage gets ya.
Since you and Deb made provisions for him...I'm gonna ask "The Boss" not to chew your legs off this yearroflrofl

You are some super troops and are doing outstanding work!!
Here's a couple of pics of "The Boss" for Deb:

Attachments

zout

Pb since the last time I was used as a large dog bone - my wooden leg is changed to Maple and I put BBQ hickory flavor in it.

I will post pics of the project I am working on - on the side of everything else - I am making our own fuel tanks from sheet - yup I am a glutton for punishment - $359 for a new tank (each) does not sit well with me - for that price I can make 2 and take my 4 grandsons out to burger world and get em the free toy with it as well and still have money in my pocket.

The left rear hub is frozen on the spindle with the grip of god - no I did not have a puller handy - so I just cut the flange bolt heads off and punched the bolts through the flange and pulled the whole left rear axle/hub assembly - and now I have it all on the bench staring at it (haha - its Dingers anyhow) I love cutting his chit up when he ain;t lookin.

Sunday going to have him start tearing down the front axle hubs for rebuild - I do have the spindle nut DH provided with the purchase - its a virgin socket so I get to break it in.

Deb's jeep - just more cleaning of the little stuff and stripping paint so it can get installed and painted once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.