• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Thanks - I read where they are suppose to "protude" through the hole and nothing about the domed covers. I did not remove the paint from the covers as I kind of tossed them to the side after seeing how they might have been supposidly set up.

I will clean these covers off and see if there is any type of direction area to them.
The high/low had not been painted over and is very well operational.

The covers just made no sense if lights were there - understandable if no lights were there - they would just fill in the holes.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I can't speak authoritatively on this....but I think the way the instrument cluster backout light worked was by shining the red light out the side of the cover and into the speedometer ....illuminating it with a red glow. My speedo has two clear areas in the side just to the rear of the instrument panel where this light can enter. Also....my caps were loose.....and could be twisted around to illuminate either an upper or a lower gauge depending on what you wanted to check. And you may know this already....but the red light just below the speedo and in the middle of the panel was the high beam indicator....and should have just a round hole visible on the face of the instrument panel.
Dang...sorry I missed your question Zout. The above is correct in my experience.
Im the blackout mode the white gauge lights do not function all you have is a soft red glow to see the instruments by.

zout

[thumbzup] so somewhere under the paint on the domed covers is an illumination area that makes the set up work properly. AH - dummy me got it now.

zout

Got the seals for the new glass windshields today
Brought Grasshopper down to the garage and made her carry her own seals and I carried the glass.
Zouts glass install by pulling in with a rope 101 happened.
Did ya ever see anyone so intense putting in a locking seal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rofl

She always wondered what that rope was still doing in my tool box and thought the ole man was full of chit when I talked about pulling in glass with a rope - that'll teach her.auaaua

The other ole man standing with hands in pockets is NOT ME - it is the in laws visiting.auaauaauaauaauaauaaua

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm gonna tell "Grasshopper" what you said about the in laws..unless I get some "Hooch Water" soon!!

Other than that....outstanding work troops!:driver::driver:

zout

Got Grasshopper to clean the soap off her windshields from sticking them in yesterday - HU RAH Inlaws gone till next weekend till they show up back again on their way back to yankeeland.

DH threw in a couple postal fenders - well - One mans junk is another mans treasure and I stole em from Dinger :p
I will figure out his later once we get farther on it (I did tell him).

Got rid of the postal stuff in a short while and got to da sand on them till Grasshopper got hungry and wanted to head to the house to eat. But it looks 1/2 way decent. Will use filler primer on them before CARC painting them.

Attachments

zout

Gotta tell ya - when I am working on these things I cannot help but think about all my aquired friends and try to picture what they may be working on during the weekend as well.

Besides myself being "postal" here is what I was able to cobble together and make it look like it really is "cool" and I worked hard to do it.

I am not afraid to bring to light and take pictures of when I totally screw up and I mentioned last time water came through the airline spraying the hood and bubbles all over the place - looked like one of those BIG air bags stunt people fall into off tall buildings it was sooooooo bad.

Gotter sanded down (remember this is CARC and my air respiratior is on at all times even when I blow out the garage - use an air hose in there or whatever else this postal maniac does to stir up dust - I do not screw around with it and I give it full undivided attention.

Finished removal of all the postal crap on the fenders and yes I know there are marker light indentations where they do not belong and I do not care - these are good fenders. Finished them off in CARC

Got the trim rings all sanded down and sprayed as well (chit load of paint on them) Sprayed the front end when done.

Showing my air compressor fillter system in line - really helps if you turn the drain cock and let the accumulated water drain out before the POSTAL maniac sprays paint - yes I drained it this time.

Tub onto the chassis tomorrow - just for a peek without mounting rubbers

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ho hum, boring.....:p

zout

yeah - I know what you mean by my "critics'

But that guy ( I will not mention names ) (DH) knows where I should be with this crittier and I have been slacking - I have another TOY I play with in the meantime.

I expect to have to fuel tanks done by middle of next week - In between everything else - I tinker with getting these done.

If he was not holding my dog for ransom till the jeeps were done I could work faster :p:p:p:p

Danger Ranger

I'm liken' the change of avatar Zout, when did I miss this?[thumbzup]

You're doin' just fine by me by the way, I wouldn't get this done in 5 years, let alone several months...keep up the good work. A project is only fun when you do it your way, on your time, with your energy:p

zout

Danger Ranger
The avatar change is a joke on me.

Its like the carrot hanging on stick

A M37 is dangling - which I would really like to get when I am all done with these that I am building for 2 other folks.

I never see it actually here in my crystal ball

zout

I am up late today sleeping in after that PIA week - like Forest Gump "that is all I have to say about that".

I got the front end off the bench - hood hung up to dry - tub lifted with the chassis moved into the garage - steering help of my second to oldest grandsons .

Tub is going to get temp set on the frame this morning. Then it is onto Dingers units as I have all the brake components - knuckle wipers for the front - bearings for the front axle - all new drums - all new wheel cylinders - all new brake hold down springs - reusing the old larger springs - cleaned em up and they look and feel really good.

For giggles I outta just sit the front end on it as well just to see how bad CARC paint is and not the original stuff - then just lay the hood on it.

Deb could do the flintstone thing and yaba daba do up the hill with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.