• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gotta tell ya - when I am working on these things I cannot help but think about all my aquired friends and try to picture what they may be working on during the weekend as well.

To ease your mind a little, the CAMO Crew repainted Doc's Navy Jeep yesterday to prepare for the airshow next month.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Also...I got a HUGE bit of work done on the MB Farm Jeep. Located the MB Serial # tag on the front frame and took some "before pics".
Bought an engine and trans from a friend for a hundred bucks (both need building).
I would take the poor jeepie for sand blasting but I'm afraid it will disappear!!:shock:

I know this looks rough but trust me. Doc's MB Navy Jeep and the GPW looked MUCH worse when we started:

Attachments

zout

some day I wish I could grow up and work like the CAMO GROUP

Special thanks to Srdocker for helping out in Wa State gettting 6 rims end down to redneck land for me. 5 for Dingers jeep and 1 fro Debs.

here are some ho hum boring pics and I can hear YABA DABA DO getting ready for what is to come in a few months. I think It finally sunk in she has a Military Jeep of her own to head to the next Ga Rally and take up some of PB's parking area.View attachment 231463

View attachment 231464

View attachment 231465

View attachment 231466

View attachment 231467

View attachment 231468

View attachment 231469

View attachment 231470

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: [thumbzup]

The last two pics, are the best yet!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread just keeps getting better and better. A real inspiration so now I am off to the shop. Got a winch to paint and reassemble.;)

zout

oh yeah - Deb has water proof - fire resistant OD green trap material ordered and due here Monday to make seat cover - she has sewn for years on different kinds of material even Harley Leather when I drag raced in the Nations - she is picking up high density foam as well - I have hog rings and the screw trim countersunk rings to fit the material.

The grandsons have already called shotgun on their seats they want to got in the rides with grandma.

ya know there should be a poll here:

1. should have not been a slacker and restored it
2. Looks like chit and should sell it
3. Grasshopper should yell louder "yaba dabba do" so all could hear it
4. ho hum - boring thread
5. Zout should just move to CAMO to learn how to work with his friends

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You are kicking major butt Zout.

zout

Household has been really sick from some crap one of the grandkids brought home from school with him - what a butt kicker - liquids outta every orrifice and you don;t want to get it.

Finished welding on the neck to Debs jeep tank - got the other neck to weld onto Dingers tank yet - just could not hold the stinger in a straight line tonight.

That is all I got done but I see major work in the near future to them - other than that you know I am a slacker and you pretty much know that by now.:beer:

Attachments

zout

I did make both of them at the same time - I had just not pulled the tank from Clinto's donation and get the neck cut off and weld it on - the plague got me first.

zout

stand down troopers - no pics

laid the tank in after getting the entire jeep up on stands so I can get the wheels off and paint removed before sending them off to powder coating.

The floor pan for the tank was a guess by golly - backside where the seat mounts to the floor is 1/2 inch off (high) so I have to fab that section a little bit and leave room for the anit-scuffing material and then get er painted up to keep from rusting.

That is all I have for now is words - work to come later rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You have earned a break young troop...take it...rearm and refit as needed...then make a mass attack!:beer:

Plus...you will need all your strength to drive the GOER on the 26th;);)

zout

MaMa Zout still pretty sick so she spent time playing with the upholsterting for the seats/material tonight and I will help her hot wire the foam.

Spent some time after working on the jeeps for Jobs.com (no not out of a job)

Got all the wheels pulled and one tire broke down and rim cleaned up like it came off the factory production line - hopefully within the next week have all the new tires mounted. Again - 6 used rims will be in next Tue from Wa State thanks to an awesome members help here.

Broke down the rear 2 drums and peeked at the wheel cyl's to see if I can get away with rebuilding the cyl's instead of replacing them.

I have one more thing to do to the floor pan I made without the fuel tank on hand for fitment and she will be ready to ROCK & ROLL - then when Zout 2 is done with the drivers seat - it gets mounted - (thinking of the Ga Rally all the time when playing with it and seeing my buddy laying in the back seat that is getting done just for him) (THE BOSS)

Try to catch up on pics this weekend - I may wind up packing up all this chit and working on it from another state - who knows.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Try to catch up on pics this weekend - I may wind up packing up all this chit and working on it from another state - who knows.
Thems fightin werds thar troop...there IS no other state!!
You are hereby conscripted for the duration...or until ya expire...whichever works best for the "BOSS" of the CAMO Crew!!
If you wanna challenge 91lbs of lean, mean, killin machine...then proceed...but I advise the negative.

We'll talk some more on the 26th at the CAMO seafood fest, and by the way...there will be four confirmed...and maybe five of the 523rd Guntruckers there...so you may need to switch from the jeepies to the "other" project to be sure we have "Class 6" in sufficient quantities.:beer:

Life is good...so don't get bummed out and make it hard!

In other werds...don't poke the Bear:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.