• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Got the fuel tank area repaired - should be able to mount tomorrow.

Got all the brakes tore down and shocks today.

DO I look bored or what - dang Zout 2 popped in on a recon mission to supply needed liquid refreshments - dang head already spinning and add to the spin a little more :jumpin:.

DH can tell ya how many coats of paint were on these rims - Holy chut ola - even the 80 grit had a hard time getting the last coat off. Bad news is - 3 to go. I did not want the vendor who is going to sand blast and powder coat these go bankrupt on 4 rims - WTH - would have taken two days a piece to sand blast them,

Dinger be over tomorrow and get all the wheel cyl's mounted and get the RF knuckle tore down, SRdocker sent the rims out last week (thank YOU folks again for the help) and will be in Tue this coming week - 6 rims. 4 For Dinger and gives em a spare - Zout2 needs a spare - If I have any brain cells remaining after today that should add up to 6.

Yes - here are a couple ho hum pics

Attachments

zout

I have one - but after swapping several wire brush heads on the high speed - it turned out easier.

Imaging this - the first step was to burn all the old paint off - there were still (after trying to count them) 7 more coats that would not burn off.

The high speed grinder (air) with 60 grit and DA sander wtih 5 inch heads do not work well on the curvature of the rims - bit by bit by bit - sip a little and go back at it. These will get sent off for powder coat - but I could not imagine them sitting in a sandblaster for hours.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe using paint stripper would be easier? Do you have any experience using strippers? I know the clean up(and disposal) after using a good stripper is a bit messy, but sometimes it's worth it.

zout

I rememebr heading into a strip club with our biker gang outta Mich - we were stuffing fake monopoly money in the - ahhhh you get the idea.

The bouncers came over after a couple of the strippers complained - and the bouncers were kicking us out
We just told em - well - almost everything we see is FAKE so we thought we would pay them in FAKE money.
Some folks have no sence of humor.

I just wanted to try something with the tires still on - will get them pulled and really go after them in a civilized manner - then show some better pics.

zout

I think my digital camera has tooooo many rounds shot out of it - you can tell by the pics something is screwy in denmark with it !!! maybe no more pics in the near future if it totally takes a crapola :deadhorse:

Dinger got working on the RF knuckle and almost got er done - I have to get a new grease seal for the hub - it was really bad.
Pretended it was farther than what it was - I threw on 3 wheels when he was not paying attention - ahhhh - kind of lookin like a jeep now there buddy :beer:

I had all Debs brakes tore down and stripped/cleaned/bored out the front 2 wheel cylinders and rebuilt them - other 2 are cleaned up and ready for kits to rebuild them.
Got Debs fuel tank painted with the Rapco I had - I will finish it off with CARC when I am done touching up all my little nicks I made.

Dinger is going to get his master cyl ordered and I think his brake line kit. That will pretty much finish the chassis.
Me - I am just screwing around and going to play with Debs brakes - new u bolts will be here tomorrow to change all these out. Get the rear wheel cylinder rebuild kits ordered. I have new shoes and drums already standing by patiently to go on.

If I can make up my mind to actually do some work tomorrow - I may get the fuel tank set.

Attachments

srodocker

not a problem zout! remember if there any problems let me know i'll fix it! my part guy says he has more jeep rims if something doesnt work out. i love the pics!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding work as usual.:beer:

I did however notice those wheel cylinders are marked with the "Lockheed logo".

I suspect they may be for an F-4 Fantom!!!:razz:

zout

That is some sharp eyed recon - did ya also notice they are SS :razz:
Steel Soldiers approved wheel cylinders.

As far as the Lockheed logo - ya know when ya park around them there CAMO group fellers - you have to be able to move stealth. Just getting Deb prepared as best I can - the rest is hers for a learning experience.

next thing I know she will be calling me at home on her cell telling me she is down hanging with the CAMO group auaauaauaaua and daddy will be sitting home looking at posters of an M37 that SHOULD be sitting in my garage.

The very strange thing about them there wheel cylinders - how in the world did WAGNER get his name onto them :?:

zout

There is a big gapping hole between the inner fenders - cannot find anything on the bench or floor to find out what goes in there :cool:

Got the front brakes done on the wife's jeep - tinkered around with some little things.

That big missing thing should be getting back to the DZ pretty soon - going to send the radiator out to get it checked out.
Send all my brake cores back and get some McDonald sandwich change back tomorrow.

New u bolts got deivered after I shut down for the day - ah - something to look forward to replace for another day.

Rims should be getting delivered tomorrow - sending them out for powder coating and new tires installed. I will keep 2 of the ones that are mounted now and use those for the spares.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm Gonna bring an M38A1 up on the 26th so we can figger this out!!:grin:[thumbzup][thumbzup]

OR...I might just bring you one BIG SURPRISE...cause I love you like a brother...not like...you know...the gay thingy:roll:

It's something I KNOW you want...bigger than a breadbox and smaller than a tank...and really rusty...but saveable:wink:

Any guesses?

zout

cause I love you like a brother

I really appreciate the kind words and actions.
It has been that way entirely with the entire CAMO group whenever we have had the opportunity.

I would have to scratch the bald area's my head as to what you may have planned. Personally you have gone above and beyond any expectations I would have dreamed of.
I know Dinger has not said much - but I know he as well appreciated what you did.

Camo coming up to enjoy a pig roast is good enough for me - to where I sit around and spend some times with my friends.

I know where those actions come from - cause I have done the same with other members here in whatever way I could help. I never want to make them feel obligated or care to even have them tell anyone I did it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
cause I love you like a brother

I really appreciate the kind words and actions.
It has been that way entirely with the entire CAMO group whenever we have had the opportunity.

I would have to scratch the bald area's my head as to what you may have planned. Personally you have gone above and beyond any expectations I would have dreamed of.
I know Dinger has not said much - but I know he as well appreciated what you did.

Camo coming up to enjoy a pig roast is good enough for me - to where I sit around and spend some times with my friends.

I know where those actions come from - cause I have done the same with other members here in whatever way I could help. I never want to make them feel obligated or care to even have them tell anyone I did it.
When you see what I bring ya...you will try to hug me...and that's when I start shootin!! (If ya don't back off}...
Dinger better show up to...I wanna shake his hand...and so does someone else you've met.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rock on Zout.

We can't wait for next month!

Papabear, has Doc made any progress on his Mule? We're going to bring ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.