• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Rock on Zout.
We can't wait for next month!
Papabear, has Doc made any progress on his Mule? We're going to bring ours.
Me either!! I like dead piggy!!!!:D And good fellowship...but Wreckerman will be there to...but all is good.:smile:

Doc has been amassing parts for the mule...but the cheap bastard is fighting me on the engine etc.aua

He says it's good enough to push it around for display...I say it's gotta run/drive/stop or it's a POS....betcha I win...LOL:D:D:D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Me either!! I like dead piggy!!!!:D And good fellowship...but Wreckerman will be there to...but all is good.:smile:

Doc has been amassing parts for the mule...but the cheap bastard is fighting me on the engine etc.aua

He says it's good enough to push it around for display...I say it's gotta run/drive/stop or it's a POS....betcha I win...LOL:D:D:D
Bring it with you, I have the towbar for my Mule, we'll use it and drag his all over the powerlines!

:D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pushing a mule is a b**** since the wheels are always locked. What's the matter with his engine? I have that 5KW genset I had at the GA rally that is completely rebuilt (0 time). Everything redone or new except for the rod and crank bearings. Same motor as the mule. You can have it, if you need it.:beer:

Last edited:

zout

Yeah - we could tow around both the jeeps and pretend as well - HEY - have a convoy with Two jeeps getting towed and DOC on back of the train rofl

zout

So along with all the neat - cool stuff that gets done you gotta know bad stuff happens - cause I am not lucky and I am not afraid to tell when I screwed up.

So when I was intent on getting Dingers brake shoes on and adjusted - I happend to throw Debs shoes on the floor (no not literally THROW) but when Iaid them out I went WTH - I cannot believe I did that - and most of you are nodding knowing the answer already.

YUP - 2 different size brake shoes (pad) shorter goes on the rear - longer on the front. SO tonight I tore Dingers back apart and corrected them before I did anything else and got it to where we left it.

Got 3 of the 16 inch rims today Srodocker sent out last week - other 3 will be here tomorrow. These look almost brand new - I am impressed and look forward to getting the rubber mounted.

Sure hope I put his engine with the fan blade pointed forward :deadhorse:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
And you told??

So along with all the neat - cool stuff that gets done you gotta know bad stuff happens - cause I am not lucky and I am not afraid to tell when I screwed up.
So when I was intent on getting Dingers brake shoes on and adjusted - I happend to throw Debs shoes on the floor (no not literally THROW) but when Iaid them out I went WTH - I cannot believe I did that - and most of you are nodding knowing the answer already.
YUP - 2 different size brake shoes (pad) shorter goes on the rear - longer on the front. SO tonight I tore Dingers back apart and corrected them before I did anything else and got it to where we left it.
Got 3 of the 16 inch rims today Srodocker sent out last week - other 3 will be here tomorrow. These look almost brand new - I am impressed and look forward to getting the rubber mounted.
Sure hope I put his engine with the fan blade pointed forward :deadhorse:
Not to worry bro...poop happens all the time.:beer:
I don't think I would have told anybody though!:-|

zout

That slacker Zout has the full brake line set Dinger got minus the master cylinder to get in this weekend.
Going to try to get at least one set of the MT/R tires mounted just so I can roll Dingers around and hopefully get started on the tub within the next couple weeks.

Debs jeep needs the wheel cyl rebuild kits for the rear I have yet to order and the front knuckle seal kits. Been removing all the paint from the rims as I have a lot of free time on my hands (yeah right) and I do not feel like playing with paint stripper.

Radiator is back for hers and I have it bolted in - lots of room to do that seeing there is a MIA engine.

Will try to get some pics of the little things done this weekend. Taking tomorrow off from work to screw around before I go toally nuts. Even that is debatable - but I roast a dam nice HOG on the grille to make up for it.

zout

Saddled up the new MT/R 16" tires on the rims SRodocker sent down. These babies are fricking awesome tires.

Got Debs u bolts in and torqued - frotn diff and trans lubes changed out (I dislike it very much when someone does not clean out a drain plug first before shoving a took up in there to remove them - rounding off the plug or just plain using the wrong d** a** tool)

Got the new lubes in and no chucks of metal fell out on the drains - that is a GOOD thing.

I will probably mount up the other 4 leaving me two of the original tires DH had on them to leave as spares - they are still good tires and why waste them just to look pretty having an expensive MT/R as a spare.

Dinger is going to chit when he walks into the garage tomorrow to work on the jeep and see's the rubber mounted and on the chassis.
He has all his brake lines and will be working on those - I forgot to pick up the RF hub innner seal - meaning he cannot finish that axle till I get it.

Enjoy some boring pics

Attachments

zout

got done late today - going to try NAPA tomorrow to get the inner front hub seal so we can roll around the chassis and get it the **** outta the garage so I can get started on the tub for Dinger (this will not take long).:jumpin::driver:[thumbzup]:beer:

zout

Dinger65 installed all his new brake lines today - he will be ordering the master cylinder some time this week.

I think he will order the trans mounts so we can get this back into the chassis and get onto servicing it. This trans was from a 68 CJ5 - PB donated a trans/transfer case from an M38A so I will be working on a change over for the parts. Gotta put my thinkin cap on for this one and dig out the books.

Got Dingers tires all mounted and I still forgot to order the inner hub seal (do that as soon as I get off here) get the chassis rollin so the Tub Clinto very kindly donated can get started. THEN you can see how really bad I can screw up a totally good donated tub.

Shows what Debs front axle looks like with them huge monster frickin tires look like - got them just sittin on there to give a profile shot - I have knuckle seals ordered for the front and the tires will get pulled so my fat ugle toso will be able to glide under there on the creeper.

Try to get Dinger's chassis rolling before I take a Major break from the mission & duty and visit my friends down at the compound on the 26th. Time changed this weekend so I am an hour closer to being there with them.

Finishing the fluid = grease on Debs jeep - all the u'bolts in and torqued.

cyl - gotta go order some parts from KW.:grd:

Attachments

zout

No rubbing at all Tigger

They were a complete set ordered from KW and they even resent for free his front S lines that were originally sent for 10" brakes and both of these have 9" shoes.

Danger Ranger

Why did you choose to go with the MTRs....? As opposed to a more original tire tread or a more period-correct one (besides the NDTs). Sorry If I missed this earlier :neutral:

zout

I think the tire tread is pretty much self evident of why I chose these - they are Kevlar sidewall and BA tread.

As far as era correct - making it resto - I am not interested, It will not be a show piece and afraid to drive it and scratch it - it will be used and driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.