• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice to see the progress. Looking really good!2cents

Danger Ranger

I think the tire tread is pretty much self evident of why I chose these - they are Kevlar sidewall and BA tread.

As far as era correct - making it resto - I am not interested, It will not be a show piece and afraid to drive it and scratch it - it will be used and driven.
Good enough answer for me![thumbzup] I was jus' curious, some guys go different directions on these projects.:driver::grd:

zout

Vacuum wipers installed and rebuilt - used a vacuum pump to test after tearing them down. WHY vacuum still ? If the wife is caught out in the rain - the wipers will be the last of her worries :beer:. She will be ducking for cover.

Diff fluids changed - transfer case and trans fluid changed. Greased.
Tried to look up the horn on the M38A1 to see where it mounted on the inner fender - be dang if I can find it. Got the Blackout light installed inside the grille DH provided (humble bow and thank you DH) besides a glove box crammed with some other goodies like the rear tail lights.

Waiting on the chit ordered from KW yesterday - those folks do a great job with parts up there. A while back we had an issue but they resolved it to my satisfaction and have my business (DInger getting his stuff from them as well)

Still scratching my head over something about having an ambulance ? I have no medical stuff to stick on Debs jeep to enhance it ?

Made my neighbors happy after a year finally - I cleaned up my yard :beer:

zout

DR - I got up this morning and looked in mirror and said "good morning Dave"
Dave is my name ya know - but I stopped counting how many names folks have given me over the years.

BUT - my name is Dave

From what I read the black out light I tried to describe is about 3 Eggs big - and about the same shape with a single backout lense on it - also a single wire. It showed to be mounted inside the grille as you look at it on the right front center area behind the grille.

BUT - I am open to what may be right & I have wrong - also the horn that weighs about 7 lbs and its mounting. The reason for concern is - that when I ordere the complete new wire harness - it fits the mounted area and I do nto drill holes that do not belong there ( I do care about some things being right)

And yes - I am still wondering what else I may be in store for from by buddy. I think he is giggling and has something else up his sleeve besides WM's possum or more Hooch.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M38 A1 for sale

Z, Here is where the black out lights are mounted that I remember. There might have been more locations, never really looked into it. Keep up the good work.

http://www.m38a1.com/images/models/D_Model/38a1d_04.jpg

Here's a better picture. Those "extra" lights in the first link are something added for england. That's where that one is located. I think I figured out the difference. You were talking about the 2 small round blackout lights below the headlights. I was referring to the "3rd" one that is on the drivers fender.

Last edited:

zout

Hnd - there were regular lights in the two areas these are shown - But - this blackout light would go there - just missing another I guess.

Curious - between the blackout lights and the headlights it appears to be another set of lights of some sort - there is no area on this grille for anything like what is shown in your pic.

For some reason when I was on Kaiser Willys site - under these style of lights it show behind the grille ?? WHere they are in the pic is surely behing he grille.

I guess it all just takes time huh.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya...right

My name is Dave

I am still wondering what else I may be in store for from by buddy. I think he is giggling and has something else up his sleeve besides WM's possum or more Hooch.
Sure Bro...and you're gonna sit there and tell me that you haven't done a frantic search to see what an M43 Ambulance is?:oops::oops::oops:

Think M37 with a crackerbox on the back...:deadhorse:

Don't make me post a pic!! You are a member of CAMO troop!!:beer:

zout

I do not know if it was era correct - but I remember the 4077 MASH unit ambulancece.
I have seen them posted and checked them out - but they were out of touch so to speak. so what brains I have left faded away on the thought.

I didn't get an medical stuff for Debs for stretchers or anytihing so I guess I am still cluless in Lilburn

zout

PB - pm me what kind of price range
I do remember them down there. I just know where I am at with these jeeps.

That'll give me something to think about.

zout

Debs engine is at the rebuilders. I haven't enen thought of buying her new wire harness yet (24v) plug the ign wires/spark plugs. Her air filter system was MIA so I have to look for one. The 24v distributor has not been touched along with a lot of items for the engine install (starter/regulator/generator).

Dingers is pretty much the same unless he can get himself a donor victim to buy - he is changing the CJ5 early 68 into an M38A1.

I just don;t see it happening less than 60 days.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout...the M43 is yours if ya want it Bro. You can look at it on the 26th when ya are here. If ya want it, it can stay here til you're ready to play with it.:beer:
In return, I expect to consume massive quantities of dead pig and hooch water next month.:drool::drool::drool:

Also...you gotta let "The Boss" ride anytime an engine cranks:oops:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.