• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Zout...the M43 is yours if ya want it Bro. You can look at it on the 26th when ya are here. If ya want it, it can stay here till you're ready to play with it.:beer:
In return, I expect to consume massive quantities of dead pig and hooch water next month.:drool::drool::drool:

Also...you gotta let "The Boss" ride anytime an engine cranks:oops:
PB that pup is just adorable! I may be bringing home a 1944 dodge ambulance next week if no one grabs it before i can get home and get it. Friend that saw it says it is in good shape and it runs and drives!

zout

PB - I am speechless.
The 26th we will be down and looking forward to seeing everyone and I will surely look over the 43. Then we can go off somewhere and figure out $.

Then try to keep my mind on getting the jeeps done.

An YES now I was looking frantically at them on the web - I think I might be able to do the M43 some justice if I clear everything off my plate.

And I am still speechles

zout

The inner seal for Dingers RF hub should be in tomorrow and I can get the wheel on it. He has his master cylinder ordered and some other litte items liek the shield for it.

The tub mount kit for Debs is ordered. Will be working on her seat upholstering tonight in the house watch the "china syndrome" happen.

I have the 34052 lusterles forest green ordered for Dingers body parts.
Will try to have Debs back on the ground by end of this weekend and Dingers tub in the garage rippin on it.

Not much more than that except now I cannot stop thinkin about an M43 - wife came out last night and wondered why the chainsaw was running and I was cutting off the face of the garage door for and why soooo big and why part of the roof overhang.
rofl

zout

Man you have NO idea how miserable I make her life - even I do not like to live with myself sometimes.
But - 33 yrs of marriage says something. I would have done it any other way.

zout

No major work done to show pics - every frickin part I ordered came in wrong and or missing pieces. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: even gave them the old seal # to match what they would send (only one parts wrong as an example) If I had not been in this business for so long I would literally be pissed. Brake hold down pins tooooooooooo long. Brake cyl rebuild kits missing pistons.

I might wind up pushing Dingers unit out of the garage this weekend on 3 wheels just so I can get started on his tub.

Time for some hooch:beer:

I may push everything outta the garage some SOMETHING ELSE can fill its spot.

BBELL

I had the same problem with the hold down pins from KW. I told them they where junk and needed to stop selling them. Shows how much the really listen. I was lucky and could reuse my old ones. Where are you going to buy the expensive wireing harness? The prices vary so much I am just not sure. Jeeps are looking great and fun watching someone else do one at the same time.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ruck up and drive on!!

No major work done to show pics - every frickin part I ordered came in wrong and or missing pieces. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: even gave them the old seal # to match what they would send (only one parts wrong as an example) If I had not been in this business for so long I would literally be pissed. Brake hold down pins tooooooooooo long. Brake cyl rebuild kits missing pistons.
I might wind up pushing Dingers unit out of the garage this weekend on 3 wheels just so I can get started on his tub.
Time for some hooch:beer:
I may push everything outta the garage some SOMETHING ELSE can fill its spot.
No more of that talk troop!!! You made contact and got dusted...so

Back off, re-supply, re-arm, re-fit...then attack again...and::grd:

zout

Only have the drivers seat back to finish upholstering - may not be original - but it is a heck of a lot less expensive.

Going to paint Dingers chassis Marine Forest Green tomorrow after work - got his rims painted up today.
Got Debs cab mount kit in today
Got the front inner seal ordered for Dingers
Got the hold down brake kits (right ones) ordered today
Got Debs rubber flex brake lines ordered.

Got a return authorization on all the wrong parts sent the other day I waited a week to receive.

Half of what Dinger ordered did not ship - like his master cyl so we could finish his brake system.

I cleaned and robbed the wheel cylinder pistons (3/4") from Dingers to rebuild Debs as the rebuild kits kindly come with NO pistons.
Reminds me of days when thermostats came with gaskets - now ya have to buy them seperately.

No if - and or butts - Dingers tub is hitting the inside of the garage this weekend so I can start hacking on it. I also got a gallon of Rapco Marine Fores Green to make him giggly when it is done.

zout

PB - I know the 26th he can't - seeing as I am escaping the premises he has to be here so the shop personnel can work BUT - you will have the chance to jump his chit the 30th for sure.

Going to get that chassis of his painted later today once I get outta work - that way he will have nothing to do except help me get the tub mount kit onto Debs.

One more week and I get to see my friends - yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

zout

Sat am early -

Here are some pics from today - painted Dingers chassis - just tooooo dang fancy for my likin.

If I was a gambler - I would call the garage now a full house. No one around today and I got the tub out from sittin on the driveway and into the garage and onto the stand and started rippin.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.