• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't believe you are going to bring that tub back to life. When I donated it, I hoped you would be able to salvage some parts off it (as patch panels).

I am glad it is doing someone some good-I let it sit in my backyard for a year because I couldn't stand the idea of those parts going to waste.

zout

One mans junk is another mans treasure.
It needs a lot of components as you already know - but I think I can bring it back to a good usable state - Dinger can always buy a repo tub some time later on if he wishes.

Thanks again Clinto

zout

Got a replacement Timkin grease seal for Dingers RF steer axle - when we get the master cyl all installed its time to sit er on the concrete.

Pics of tub work on his - did some more work tonight but these are not the pics - I have the passenger side and remainder of the inside to finish.

Ordered more little brake parts for Debs - all the frickin parts came in wrong again. Order per the description - make - model - year - size of brakes and all they tell me is someone had to have changed the axles ???????? WTH - yeah on two jeeps different years with the idential components on both and ya all send the wrong parts - I don;t think so. Even give the axle #'s. So hers is sittin.

Work on the tub some more tomorrow and taking Sat off to visit the compound and see my friends and get away from all the projects.[thumbzup]

Attachments

zout

BTW - that is ME in the pic - I am not as old as I sound or look. Kinda of small for my size. roflcannot wait till I grow up and learn something.

zout

Being down at the CAMO compound is more interesting than working on the jeeps - but eh - I had to come back to reality sooner or later.

Got Dingers master cyl mounted up - did not hook in the 2 brake lines yet.

Got his tub swung over and dropped on - gotta still get back underneath to work on some stuff but the dang thing is so tall off the ground it gives plenty of clearance for my fat ole body.
Here are a few pics of what everything is looking like.

Attachments

zout

If it was not a monsoon outside the last couple days and after seeing what is headed up the 30th of next month - this bad boy would be outside re-arranging the front of the garage access area in preperation.

Anyone coming up for the pig roast April 30th will be able to check it out.

After Dinger65 left last night and after posting pics I headed back down - I should be able to kick on a little heat and get the interior painted today.

Will pick up some new universal joints for him - replacing them all. Got his master cylinder mounted yesterday and have to finish attaching the two feed lines into it. I will wait for him to show him how to bleed them and do the finish brake adjustments.

Got a very nice large air filter cannister with the inerds from PB after some dealing for Debs - its missing the top and clamp but everything else is there and will get that painted up today and mounted as well - it cleaned up awesome.

I have kept noticing I am missing the radiator shroud as well - another part to pick up somewhere down the road. I am sure there will be more little pieces as well.
Every day the addiction gets worse and worse - but its fun building two jeeps for someone else.

zout

tore down the plastic - turned on the fans - opened the garage door (I do not think I have any spiders left lurking in the garage) shot a couple pics of Dingers.
For those that have not followed this from the beginning - go to the front of the thread - this is the jeep with the bass seat welded to the frame with angle iron (red one)

That last pic is the air filter canister - ALMOST compete minus the cover - o ring and inserts all all in great shape and I even cleaned out the element.
Like that ole Johnny Cash song "One Piece At A Time". This went on Debs jeep.

All the time thinking I gotta clear out the approach to the garage for something BIG. :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:[thumbzup]:jumpin:

Attachments

zout

Got dingers brake system finished and bled - got his pivot rod rebuilt with new springs - spacer-flet pad - got his diff input seals replaced and diff's refilled. Got his trans and transer case done. Got front driveline in and rear diveline had been pretzled - sending out to get the tube replaced and new joints in that. New joints in all drive line components.

no pics
I am starting on his engine sometime this week and pull the pan - some metal grinding going on in there rolling it over by hand.

slowly getting ready around here to cook a pig

Box should be here tomorrow for Debs jeep to work some on that.
Will be replacing the input seals in heres - new joints - new pivot components - bleed out the brake system and get ready to mount the tub.

Be a while before I haul the camera down to take pics to show progress - anyone coming over the 30 will see them.
May be a while before I post any more data on the builds.
SAC

Danger Ranger

Well hello agian Mr. Zout! 'Bout time you stopped back for an update! rofl
I hope to speak for all when I say we're starvin for pics! hehehe
Makin space for the M43 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks