• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yesterday I asked the "Boss" if he wanted to eat some pig. He looked directly north and started drooling!!:drool::drool:

I'm gonna try ta come up on the 29th with MB ta give ya a hand.
Bear might be an issue though...is there a hotel/motel close that allows "Bears"??

zout

startin today to head down to clear out and clean out the front of the garage approach for the M43.

The bear stays at the ZOUT Hotel as discussed - no issue at all - That way I can keep my eye on the other 2 - MB's is welcome as well - no issues at all.

Besides today I can do whatever I want - its my Birthday.

Last edited:

zout

Someone talked about paint drying time - this is the Rapco paint and even today the drying time changes the color to what it suppose to be. Couple more weeks it should harden a little more and turn the better color.

The bracket next to the master cyl on Dingers - made the replacement in about 20 minutes using Debs as a template.

Got Debs front flex brake lines on - she helped pull her front end getting physically ready for the engine call to be made to me that is is ready for pickup. Got the other flex on the front end to change out and the rear one.

Have to replace the diff seals and her transfer case seals are not leaking like Dingers are - When he was filling the transfer case he tipped over the gallon of lube in the fuel well - I was underneath and got a BATH in gear lube. The big puddle is from the output to the front drive leaking - so replacing both of the seals which are on order.

Sure hope Debs front end is NOT in the way for the M43 or it gets crushed :beer:

All I can think about is roasting a pig and seeing my friends :beer:

Attachments

Danger Ranger

How do you do your pigs? Got a big spit? or do you have a box? We used to do a bunch of big ones around here. Barn-siding boxes with chain-drive spits, about 4" high, and maybe 7-8'? long.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That oil puddle looks like a crime scene outline! :grin:

Looking good.

zout

double barrel - fire box end cooker - slow roll simmer and smoke - about 24 hrs worth of cooking and sippin.

Wrap the oiker in chicken wire so it does not all apart and enjoy comradre all the time its cookin with whomever shows up :beer:
possum take a little less time as they hang over the pig in a special rack so the drippings flavor the pig:beer:

Attachments

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Great job as always! I had my dad put oil in my truck while i was changing it once before i had the plug back in the pan, 5 qts of new oil right into the drain pan. lol

zout

twin 24 v batteries on site.
Debs tub mounted with the rubber kit.

Dinger's oil spill registered on the national environmental Al Gore hit list and left for him to clean up the mess this weekend when my daugter has her baby shower and Dinger coming over to play.

Dingers tub drying out nicely.

I have Debs diff input seals to replace yet - just got the lube to refill so I will work on this weekend - it will take Dinger that long to clean up the oil spill.

Will finish installing her last 2 flex brake lines - bleed em and flip on the rubber and get er back on the floor. Might even tow her around the subdivision with my lawn tractor towing her just to get the feel of it :beer:

Attachments

zout

My daughter had her baby shower today and Dinger came to play while his wife attended - got his transfer case seals replaced - rear driveline was sent out to get the "pretzel twist" outta it and rebuilt and installed with new joints.

He has his brake pedal arm ordered and not here yet. Everything else is done to stick er back on the ground.

Plugs pulled on the engine and air blown in the cyl's and all valves seemed ok on the exhaust when rolled over - EXCEPT there was one nasty metal grinding sound when hand spinning it over - it was hair raising nasty - so the engine gets lifted tomorrow and oil drained and pan pull to find the hidden gift waiting inside.

I no longer have physic ability to see inside through x ray vision to know what is wrong before I open it up - so it is wrenches and surprise time tomorrow - no doubt from first guess she is headed to the machine shop for rebuild.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
My daughter had her baby shower today and Dinger came to play while his wife attended - got his transfer case seals replaced - rear driveline was sent out to get the "pretzel twist" outta it and rebuilt and installed with new joints.

He has his brake pedal arm ordered and not here yet. Everything else is done to stick er back on the ground.

Plugs pulled on the engine and air blown in the cyl's and all valves seemed ok on the exhaust when rolled over - EXCEPT there was one nasty metal grinding sound when hand spinning it over - it was hair raising nasty - so the engine gets lifted tomorrow and oil drained and pan pull to find the hidden gift waiting inside.

I no longer have physic ability to see inside through x ray vision to know what is wrong before I open it up - so it is wrenches and surprise time tomorrow - no doubt from first guess she is headed to the machine shop for rebuild.
I hate it when it makes that noise!

zout

Speaking of noises - last weekend I threw a little lube in the spark plug holes and proceeded to roll er over by hand - I stopped after just getting a load on it.

Dinger ripped the pan off it today after I hung it from the engine cherry picker - here is #2 piston with its pin ripped out of the bottom - rod cap ripped off the bottom of it and that pretty much descibes the pieces parts laying in the pan and everywhere else. Was explaining to Dinger to wipe the magnet through it to start re-playing the cause of the destruction - meaning what was alum-iron etc and getting them all laid out.

Off to the engine shop for this baby as well.

Got Debs diff seals all done - flex lines all done
Got Dingers done underneath and went to replacing one of the steering tie rod ends - another was found to possibly have had an impact on the nut causing the threads to pull upwards - he will order the replacement tomorrow to finish this. Chassis on is - is pretty much done.

Got an ac unit for the garage - another project to work on.

Here are a few pics

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.