• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

YUP - there still there.
Spoke with the engine guy on Debs jeep - looking like a couple weeks. I really let him just sit in the repair as the 43 got hammered on with trying to get that done in the meantime.

NO - I do not usually sit still for very long.

Cleaned up the work area - moved Debs around (need a poll to see if I should give her brakes that work for the rally ??).

IF I can get it to the point she can just fire it up and run - have brakes to play at the rally playground on her own - that is where I am shooting for right now. Anything more I can get done on it will be a big plus. I have her seats to finish upholstering up here in my back room - I do look at them while I am sippin Crown sometimes - thinking I should really finish them.

Without lights I would have to find a way to trailer hers to the rally.

Gotta do some studying on the wire schematics just to see what wiring it will take just to light the fire.

Attachments

zout

Yup - that dang jeep is still there.

Got back on it and tore off the master cylinder and checked John's pricing up to Midwest Militay. Checked out a couple other prices as well. John has been great on part for the 43 so it looks like he has my business.

Brakes had all been done up to this point - did see a tire not holding air pressure (yup - one of those new ones) so I will get that broken down and check what the heck is going on with it.

Drivelines-diff's-transfer case fluids had all been changed and leaking input and output seals have been done already - new u'joints all ready in.

Will have to start working on all the engine lines to allow it to fire up and run - all this at least to get Deb to the rally with it to play - she might have to bring a couple flashlights for headlights or that bright arse spotlight PB gave us a while back.
She is looking forward to heading down to the firing range at the rally as well with a couple of her toys.
Also did some tinkering on the 109 as well to get ready for the rally.

This project back on board.:grd:

zout

Getting a much bigger boot outta my arse and grabbed the roll of duct tape to stop the bleeding before I jumped on:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Debs jeep engine is about a week out from completion in long block after water boarding the engine builder.

Dingers engine is about 3 weeks out from long block.

Dingers will probably sit till totally completed but Debs is still a project to TRY to get to the Rally so she can at least run it around. NO the 43 had nothing to do with the completion time frame - I just chose the wrong engine builder for hers. BUT it did work out after sort of working my arse off on the 43 to get it where it is.

Brake lines on the rear worked on tonight - I need to pick up the T fitting as this screw ball bone head with no testicles at this time (someone will get this) cross threaded the new home made line into the T. This will complete the brakes. I found one line crimped off cause the same dummy must have hit it with something along the line.

After this weekend I will try to update pics of status.
I have to get a tampon to sop up the profuse bleeding and soak the arse in epsom salt from boot print impact.
Carry on.

zout

This outta get Carnacs goat - went over to NAPA in Tucker to get the brake line parts this dimwit fouled up last night.

They let me look in the bin cause he had no clue where to look - found all the parts I needed and the guy said "NO CHARGE".

I did find that parts for the 38 had to be ordered as well just like the movie
O'Brother Where Are;t Tho - Tucker is 2 days away from civilization and needed parts. But then again I was not asking for Dapper Dan hair cream.

HEY - I just noticed my avatar is on "self changing mode" - talk about me being SLOW. I like it.

Last edited:

zout

Finished Debs brakes - all new lines and DOT 5 fluid.

Started on the 109 for the rally and trying to remember where this RED wire went to !!!!!!
Yes there are 2 fan systems in that deep cycle battery bank system under the bed in the 109.

Going back to the engine shop tomorrow and check up and make sure the water boarding was effective.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Finished Debs brakes - all new lines and DOT 5 fluid.
Started on the 109 for the rally and trying to remember where this RED wire went to !!!!!!
Yes there are 2 fan systems in that deep cycle battery bank system under the bed in the 109.
Going back to the engine shop tomorrow and check up and make sure the water boarding was effective.
The red wire goes to the knuter diverter recycle valve and should only be connected during a full moon.:wink:

At least that's what the manual says.:jumpin:

Attachments

zout

I will never use this engine guy the rest of my lifetime nor reccommend him.

SO I started another TOY the middle of last week for an accessory to Debs jeep. I spend a little part of yesterday cutting and drilling and grinding on these - just going to pic at it and hopefully get done with it some day.

Almost all of you will recognize what these are - its only a replica - not even making a paintball shooter out of it - but it could be with a motorized unit..

I might even make a few more once I get the hang of it.

Attachments

zout

PB - I went looking for parts from a real one just to add to the fake one - it amazes me of prices of parts - and they were not even GOLD plated or solid gold.

I am just tinkering with spare cha ching right now while I wait for Debs engine to get done to rob my bank - plus all the components that still remain to get onto it.

Not mentioning re-painting an engine from PINK back to od greenrofl

There is no way I could fulfill my gratitude back to CAMO for what they have already done and are doing except whatever you need done call me.

zout

Gave the engine builder a call today - listened to his line of chit and wondering the whole time if he really believed what was spewing out of his pie hole or not.

Gonna call him back Monday from what he stated today - engine is either done or not Monday and comes back to the LZ as is or as a long block. If I had to bet - Zout will be assembling an engine which is no big deal at this juncture.

Will just give the garage an entire cleaning before unwrapping engine components and making sure stuff is air tight when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.