• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

For giggles on the side I have been checking out replica M2 50 cal replicas and did not want to put gobs of money in an assembled unit. Found and purchased a great set of plans and started on the tempates - then got more curious as to what a shop would charge to laser cut them out - minus the barrel.

So if anyone else is interested in buidling their own minus the barrel - which is easy enough if you wanted to change it up in any way - I got a great price on all the pieces cut ready to assemble. Of course - more pieces they cut - less expensive they get.

I'm not assembling more than 2 - one for each jeep. But if your interested in saving some big bucks for a replica just for looks, pm me.

If there are 8 more people interested the cost can be lower than $200 - minus barrel unassembled. Not trying to make any $ on the parts - I will show you what the cost is - but there would be shipping.

zout

Headed out later this morning and get Debs engine back to the AO - Boy was I a knucklehead for leaving it there. Ball Engines is the name of the place right up the road - the shop came recommended. I guess the guy really doesn't like Yankees.

I have no doubt nothing is assembled - but I imagine all the machine work is done (fingers crossed).

Get whatever condition it is in - garage cleaned up and blown out - lay everything out nice and proper and see where I am at.

Won't work on it this coming Saturday cause CAMO and I have an appointment of shear exilleration coming.

I'll post pics of what I get back from him later on.

zout

engine pics from last night.

Missing a few needed parts for final run - but I will get there :beer:.
I did pick up an original carb off e-bay on sitting here on my computer desk wanting a rebuild done to it. Same with the fuel pump, Now I have to go back and dig through the TM's on where all this chit goes I took off it 9 months ago.

Got Deb to sit on the engine for me for a pic for ya all.

Attachments

poppop

Man I hate to tell you, but when you uploaded the Pictures you acidently included one of Deb that must have been on your memory card. I do crap like that all the time. Its embarrassing to be so dumb about these electronic devices.:shock: :beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
engine pics from last night.

Missing a few needed parts for final run - but I will get there :beer:.
I did pick up an original carb off e-bay on sitting here on my computer desk wanting a rebuild done to it. Same with the fuel pump, Now I have to go back and dig through the TM's on where all this chit goes I took off it 9 months ago.

Got Deb to sit on the engine for me for a pic for ya all.
Ummm...you MAY wanna leave "Deb" at home Saturday.
If not, your engine WON'T get slammed into the M43 I betcha!!:shock::shock::beer:

zout

:lost: where do all these piece go - I do not remember taking all that chit off ?? - Reminds me of that movie Doc Hollywood where the machanic hands him a box tell him is car is done - and tells him there are always parts left over - I laugh every time.

Its Debs jeep anyhow - does it really matter if a few critical parts are not in the right spot ?

It is slowly coming back - that is the parts this knucklehead removed

Attachments

zout

I'm literally embarrased to post pics of the engine at the point after PB posted that awesome 43 engine - but anyhow - this is what this peon got done tonight in the little time I had.

I was busy pumpin Budweisers to build up my right arm to work on the 43 Saturday so I am not a total puss.

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen any work of yours that would cause embarassment. Have a great weekend with the CAMO group. I am sure it will definitely have been worth the wait.

zout

Holy crap - I slept into 9:41 this morning and nearly the whole dang day is gone now.

I need to head to NAPA and see if they have one of those input plastic shafts so I can set the flywheel and clutch in today. That means I could at least set and get the engibe bolted in.

CAMO Tony let me know about rebuilding the dual action pump yesterday - I still need complete carb rebuild kit and get that soaking (I just had it sitting on the engine for looks).

Should be able to get the simple things done like oil filter mounting installed and the throttle brace on. Same as the ole 43 engine -all those lines - especially the special ones to order up - the rest I can make.

17 days left - I really do not see the jeep coming this year to the Rally.

Gotta get the 109 up as Deb wants to start cleaning out the inside and get some of the eccentials in place - she is excieted to see everyone again as well.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It just don't get any better than that!!!

Beer in the fridge, fresh engine stuff to play with and no real time schedule.
Oh wait...Deb DID mention something about shooting SOMEBODY if she didn't get to drive her jeepie at the rally:roll::driver:

She didn't mention any names though.:roll::jumpin:

Attachments

zout

Trying to see if NAPA had those oil lines - but do not see them there nor the carb rebuild kit- looks like its an outside vendor purchase again. Dueal action fuel pump should be here by Wed as well.

Dingers engine is expected back by the end of this week as well - still a lot of stuff to purchase for his conversion to 24 v and non cicy.

Thanks go out to Mac and Jim H on getting a 24v regulator to me for Dingers jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.