• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

If Murphy does not show up - plans are to drop the engine in tomorrow night.

That engine rebuilders lube - is that like SLick 50 - where I do not have to put oil in it anymoreaua

zout

Got out of work late and I am not going to say nothing about the traffic on the way home - hurried down to the garage with an armfull.

The fuel pump is installed - thermostat is installed - timing is set by dropping the oil pump to reset the gear to 7 o'clock position.

Started on the flywheel and cleaning - then mounted it. Mounted up the clutch and I had this wild haired stare out of disbelief what this knucklehead did - YUP - I left the nice clean spacer plate out of it.auaaua.
Have enough time now to clean up and eat and go to bed.
So much for wishful thinking and rushing.

I did pull everything off so I am all set to give it a go again tomorrow night. Want the engine in the hole.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got out of work late and I am not going to say nothing about the traffic on the way home - hurried down to the garage with an armfull.

The fuel pump is installed - thermostat is installed - timing is set by dropping the oil pump to reset the gear to 7 o'clock position.

Started on the flywheel and cleaning - then mounted it. Mounted up the clutch and I had this wild haired stare out of disbelief what this knucklehead did - YUP - I left the nice clean spacer plate out of it.auaaua.
Have enough time now to clean up and eat and go to bed.
So much for wishful thinking and rushing.

I did pull everything off so I am all set to give it a go again tomorrow night. Want the engine in the hole.
At least you didn't leave this part out like we did::cry::cry::cry:

Attachments

zout

PB - that part is what you throw out when the brakes fail. Debs is attached to that cable thingy that says choke - but I had to wrap the thottle cable thingy to it so it would touch the ground.

A couple hits of Crown later - here is all the farther I got tonight on the engine mounting.

Deb came down kind of giggly after seeing the engine in the mounts and kind of got bright eyed and bushy tailed to see if I could just stay down there till it was running - I pulled the keys out of the entrance door just so she did not lock me in - gotta rememeber I been married to her for 33 yrs and I knew her evil plan.

Here are some pics and do not be enlarging them and making fun of my filthy garage - its the best I can do under the current circumstances.

So ------- DUH --- UPS man finally shows up after garage is locked and we are walking up with my oil lines and crank nut (GIMP - not the other NUTS)

See what tomorrow and this weekend brings on er.

(AMY - picutes are for you)

Attachments

zout

Wanted to give a progress report for the day as I would really like to get the A1 to the rally.

Lots of little things holding up the progress and time & parts do drop in as a factor.

Dingers Engine will be ready Tue next week and this was not a A1 and had 12v crapola on it - this will be some time to hunt and find parts to make it right - but it has come a long way.

Even if I could finish the basics to get er running - I highly doubt this yr she will be able to run her jeep at the rally. But I will make it right by the time I am done with it.

Will try to post some pics of where she is at come Monday night. Really just looks like a jeep engine with more crap on it to me.

zout

Got the right valve swapped over with the fording valve in it.
Got 2 sections of the lower carb cleaned and the 3rd in the gallon can soaking - kit still does not show shipped (here we go again).

Got the old trans mount block out but I should have done tihs with the engine out - probably will have to resort to dropping the x member a tad to get the new slipped in.

Throttle linkage all mounted in.

Still have a lot more parts to get on it before it can be fireed - like a wire harness or a stub just to get it fired up.

Got the BBQ grille loaded in the back of the 105 fro the rally - that is a job in itself by yourself if you have ever seen it.

zout

Deb's carb rebuild kit came in today - headed down after work and Crown in hand. Its pretty but probably all put together backwards and up-side-down. Proabably leak fuel all over when trying to start it and burn the jeeps and garage down in one wack.

Here is that pig containment center loaded and READY.

zout

First of all - a BIG thank you to Jim H and Mac for assistance with parts for Dingers jeep. That was absolutely incredible what you did and it is greatly appeciated. I hope these couple pics will let you know they will go to good use in building Dingers jeep for him from a civy CJ5 into a hacked up M38A1 to the best of my ability.

Dinger came over to help me load for the rally and just wanted to see his engine because like everyone else - that rusted ole piece o chit was not imagined in their worst nightmare to be in this condition as she stands now (I like that cause I already see it done and running in my mind).

SO he wants to help me load and I tell him I do not feel like it - start cleaning this parts for your engine - kept giving him more after those were done - he kept telling me to get loading and I kept telling him I don;t feel like it and to get busy on cleaning parts.

Got er stuffed in the hole and he was amazed - just like I imagined it - I can hear them both running now and watching them drive in THEIR jeeps.

IN case you came into the later part of this story - One belongs to Dinger my friend and the other is my wife's.

My toy got stolen here a few weeks ago and have only been allowed to hear it speaking to me over the phone - now that is ruthless.

Dinger is expected to come to the Rally Sat in case you would like to meet him.

Attachments

zout

Here are a couple pics of Debs jeep today.
I still have to find the air cleaner top and clamp for hers.

I still need two rebuild kits for the water pumps and figure out a way to get my paws on a 5 ton press to rebuild them (I dislike buying already rebuilt or new stuff as you can tell) kits are cheaper - just missing one MAJOR tool - 5 ton press.

Got a wire harness off another site which was much clearer for descriptions and the run of the wiring - I think I am going to finagle a way to make a temp harness just to be able to get er fired up and test it with no harness going into the voltage regulator at this time - that will come when I figure out a way to get $700 for a new complete harness. Helping my grandkids took those funds a while back - but they are worth it.

The radiator was re-cored several months back so I am good to go on that - just need the hoses.

Next couple weeks should be tale tell signs of fire up day (be gone the 12th down to PB's to help support CAMO in the Veterans Day Parade with the 43 there) (yes mama is coming along and she is very excited)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks