• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO Gasket/Shim NAPA part numbers anyone?

DanMartin

OK, after a frustrating 45 minutes at NAPA today, I have no joy on getting anything in the form of shims or gaskets for my PTO install on the deuce. Basically they couldn't cross-reference the Spicer 3053 transmission to get the proper gaskets. Basically "what vehicle is it out of?"...and it went downhill from there. I even tried looking up old REO 530 trucks hoping that a civilian application would help...nope.

I've read through all of the threads I could find here and several people got the gaskets at NAPA, but no reference to what the NAPA part numbers are. If someone can give me a NAPA part number that would make my life a lot easier. I'd rather get the gaskets locally right now if I can find them and not have to wait to get them from back east.

So...anyone know the NAPA PN for gaskets and/or shims for the PTO? Different thickness part numbers would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NAPA looked at me like I had an extra arm hanging out of my butt when I explained what I wanted. Sadly, I know they have them but finding a competent counterman may prove more difficult than finding the Ark.

ygmir

I think that gasket is a pretty standard item.
Can you take the PTO in there and match something?
I did that and it worked, when putting the PTO on my crane truck.......

country

Supporting Vendor
best bet is to go to a commercial truck drive line component or repair shop

they can help you with ease

we have companies like: Trans axle, CCC rebuilders, Florig hydraulics

all offer PTO's for sale for dump trucks, walking floor trailers etc

Dave Newman
www.easternsurplus.net

Bill W

When I put the pto on my M-37 I used pto gasket(s) left over from my pto install on my 1995 F-800. As mentioned go to any driveline shop, the pto bolt pattern is standard with the exception of bolt hole diameter.
P.S.Adirondak Dodge carries PTO gasket kits ( under M-37 winch parts )

http://www.adirondackdodgeparts.com/

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part: FPG 55379
Product Line: FEL-PRO Gaskets

Next time you need PTO gaskets, give this number to you local NAPA guys and see if they can find the gaskets you need.

littlebob

Great info doghead, do you know what it would take to add Mfg part numbers to the cross reference section? I'm slowly getting more computer literate, but have no idea what that would take.
littlebob

ygmir

I remember having gasket material and a ballpeen hammer and making gaskets.........
Am I that old? Or,
has this art been lost?
Or, was I just haning around ultra doityourselfers?.......

DanMartin

I've done that a few times, but would rather spend my time doing something more interesting. If a machine can stamp it out in a fraction of a second, I'm buying it ready-made.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: PTO Gaskets

I submitted the gasket Numbers to the parts crossrefence for future reference. Remember, there are different thicknesses of the gaskets available and that is how you set the gear lash when installing a pto. These gasket part numbers will at least get you started.

ygmir

I just meant if a person couldn't find something like that, that, it can be made........
sometimes I can make something faster that running all over looking for it, or surfing for hours to find it.......

just a random thought.

Henry

Jake0147

These come in two thicknesses (.010 and .025 if memory serves) to be mixed and matched until you stack up enough gaskets to get the gears backlashed correctly... It could be done but that's an awful lot of hammering on an awful thin and brittle gasket material... Any truck parts place has them and they're dirt cheap.

cbvet

These gaskets were readily available, but I would have made some up using the old Ball Pein hammer method if these weren't convenient. Just takes a few minutes if you keep some gasket material around. And every shop should.
Eric
CBVET

ballencd

TM 9-2520-246-34P has a part number listed and says two are needed (I assume one under the PTO and one under the PTO cover) but no reference to thickness or if multiple need to be stacked for accurate gear depth. Does this really need to be set or is one gasket what most folks use? Inquiring minds want to know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks