• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO Gasket/Shim NAPA part numbers anyone?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2520-246-34P has a part number listed and says two are needed (I assume one under the PTO and one under the PTO cover) but no reference to thickness or if multiple need to be stacked for accurate gear depth. Does this really need to be set or is one gasket what most folks use? Inquiring minds want to know.
If it is not shimmed right it can make the transmission hard to shift , so yes it needs to be shimmed right.

ballencd

Thanks for the response. I've been working on installing a winch on my truck for several months now in my spare time which is always tight. Every turn requires me to learn something new and slows the progress. I will get several gaskets. I appreciate the help. ballencd

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the response. I've been working on installing a winch on my truck for several months now in my spare time which is always tight. Every turn requires me to learn something new and slows the progress. I will get several gaskets. I appreciate the help. ballencd
This thread will lead you in the right direction.
[h=1]Can PTO cause Transmission to STOP shifting?[/h]

rustystud

TM 9-2520-246-34P has a part number listed and says two are needed (I assume one under the PTO and one under the PTO cover) but no reference to thickness or if multiple need to be stacked for accurate gear depth. Does this really need to be set or is one gasket what most folks use? Inquiring minds want to know.
You will need 0.008" clearance or "backlash" for the PTO and transmission to operate correctly.