• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulled a halftrack with my M818 for the first time

gpp111

I am a WWII reenactor and own a German halftrack (converted post war OT-810) which I use in private battles and at public living history events. My goal has been to have the capability to trailer the track to events when I wish, as compared to always having to use a commercial hauler. I own an M818 and M920, and had a ten ton trailer built that is 24 volt.

After having successfully driven the empty trailer around pulled by the M818 I finally decided to see how the 5 ton would do also pulling an 8-9 ton halftrack. Well, it worked. It is interesting that the performance towing an empty trailer and a loaded one is not all that much different on the highway or on local roads. All M818 owners know their beasts have guts but don't move all that fast. I was fairly pleased with the results and will soon be back on the road for a much longer trip pulling the track. I will not ever use the M818 on mountain roads over the Blue Ridge, the M920 is in reserve for that.a m818.jpg gap14.jpga m818 1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks