• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulled the trigger on a M820

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was also curious how the military configured the internals of the truck to take advantage of the space?

gunboy1656

I was also curious how the military configured the internals of the truck to take advantage of the space?
Of the truck I have been around all the equipment is stored in the center of the truck, and the side when dropped make the walkway around the equipment.

And the sides crank out. I got this pic off goldneagle before he sold the truck.

Attachments

802dot1q

Cleaned the fuel tank. Tons of gunk came out. Drained the oil and got 12 gallons. Refilled it and it only took 7 gallons. 12-7=5 gallons of fuel in the oil!!! Hit the ignition and it started right up. Still has a miss. If it ever stops raining I'll pull the rocker covers and see what is going on in there. How's the wrecker?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad it started right up. The wrecker is fixed. I removed the screw in the fuel pump and it blew some trash out. Put it back in and it fired right up

rwbrown72

M820 looks good. Probably an easy fix for a good diesel mech... know any? I sure don't! HA HA HA.... SETOYOTA needs a commendation for the help on this one. Wade has a little work ahead of him, but this is the fun part. Don't worry guys... all that gunk is now being burnt in my deuce. It burns just fine...so far. :driver:

rwbrown72

One more thing... it is a big sucker.... All the deuce wanted in low range and 4x4 to pull it off the trailer and around into the driveway. I could really feel the weight back there. Going to be a sweet ride when it gets going. :evil: Might need to get the all black treatment like my M109A4! I'm just saying! :twisted:

dburt

Sweet truck! Be interesting to know what kind of fuel mileage you get when you get her roadworthy. I don't know if the wind resistance from the box or the overall weight would be the worst culprit. I have lusted after one out here in SW Idaho at Idaho Motor Pool, you can see it on the website. Alex wants $17,500 for it, it has a new motor and trans in it, but a little rich for my blood. And I am afraid I could not afford to put the diesel in it to move it more then just around the yard. I'd like to build the ultimate off-road HD RV out of one. Guess I better start playing the lottery!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks