• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling 2x2s out of stake pockets

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said before WD40, C clamp, a couple small blocks of wood (to protect the wood) and a rubber mallet.
About 5 minutes and it is out.
This will only work if they aren't broken off already (which I think his are).

abh3

Using BBQ tongs, gently place a burning charcoal briquette atop each broken 2x2, retire to the above mentioned lawnchair and 12-pack to monitor progress...

treeguy

What is the opinion of heating the metal around the wooden problem until the wood starts to char which may shrink it a little? The charring might also lubricate the pocket on its way out like graphite does for certain applications. Though I do realize that this trick may/will make a mess of your paint if you apply too much heat.

AW HECK.......soak the wood with gas and lighter' up!

If none of this works I think a video camera and some C4 would create some smiles accross the board! :beer:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the opinion of heating the metal around the wooden problem until the wood starts to char which may shrink it a little? The charring might also lubricate the pocket on its way out like graphite does for certain applications. Though I do realize that this trick may/will make a mess of your paint if you apply too much heat.

AW HECK.......soak the wood with gas and lighter' up!

If none of this works I think a video camera and some C4 would create some smiles accross the board! :beer:
Why even risk harming the bed when you can get them out in 10 minutes with a drill??

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with posts like this is that someone with no mechanical ability that reads this stuff will try to "heat" the bed to remove the upright like you all said to do. Please when you give advise, give good tips or don't at all!aua

rossM4

drill and big screw driver is about the only way to not damage the rig. If you get real mad at it then im on board with the guys talkin camera and explosives!!!!!!!! (dont forget the 12 pack and lawn chair):beer:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to do this with 3 stakes. With a 3/8 inch 12" long bit it took probably 35 minutes total. It's very simple and only takes about 10 minutes a hole.
Ten minutes per hole times three holes equals 30 minutes. What were you doing with that extra five minutes? Sounds like you wasted time you could have used to do some more PMS.

:mrgreen:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ten minutes per hole times three holes equals 30 minutes. What were you doing with that extra five minutes? Sounds like you wasted time you could have used to do some more PMS.

:mrgreen:
Chester got out, I had to chase him down.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks