• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Push button glowplug issue

Dmoser

A while back I put a manual glow plug button in my m1009. At first I was able to get them to cycle with the key on and get an after glow. Iv taken off the instrument cluster panel once since then and now I can only cycle them with the key off. Im pretty sure that I did t short any wires together. Any thoughts on this?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends on how you did the wiring.

The simples way is to just use a one wire/switch for the ground wire on the GP relay. It uses the power from the GP controler card (which is only hot with the key on)

Without more details, you may be on your own.

Dmoser

I went from the power on the 12v battery to the switch to the power side of the relay. I can try wiring it your way over the weekend though and see if that helps

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a diagram of the simplest way to wire a manual switch.

In a stock system the GP relay coil uses a ground signal from the GP controler. The Hot side of the relay coil is fed 12v when ever the key is on. The ground circuit is closed only when the controler card senses everything is ready for the glowplugs.

What type of GP relay do you have on the firewall? Any pictures?

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you have to rig the push button to the ground side of the relay. At least that's how my brother has his set up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks