• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting disc brakes on a deuce

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was MY thought also , How did that pass a DOT check , when you carry passengers that brings in STATE and FEDERAL DOT rules and regs . They are very serious when it comes to basic safety items , If it would have came my way for a safety check , after I stopped laughing , I would have plastered that thing with red OOS stickers !

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reservation Land , Well that explains a LOT , Tribal lands , sovereign nation , most state and federal rules do not apply , ask me how I know . That's why NO DOT check . The tribal police have jurisdiction.

Section8

I agree that the insanity of using a pinion brake on one of these trucks as your only source of braking is ridiculous! Being on a reservation got them around the safty inspections and such and I am sure that most insurance companies don't REALLY understand what a pinion brake is. Just as long as in their questionare for safty provisions they ask if a brake system is in place and personal restraints. That typically it.
Aside from all of that!
I believe the purpose of this thread was to find out diffrent braking options to equipe his trucks with and the work involved.
Any more thoughts or ideas on "Putting disc brakes on a duece"?

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you can swap disk brakes from another truck in your salvage yard. Otherwise maybe you can trade one of the running trucks for a parts truck with the stock brakes. What exactly is the long term goal, to get 1 truck working or several?

M211guy

Maybe you can swap disk brakes from another truck in your salvage yard. Otherwise maybe you can trade one of the running trucks for a parts truck with the stock brakes. What exactly is the long term goal, to get 1 truck working or several?
They all run, do'nt really wanna part em out. Would like to keep em all one piece ya know. They are 90% already. Even if ya bought em as is, it wouldn't take much to get em on the road!! i am going to keep one for sure. i may be getting 2 M35's, a M917 and a kaiser dump, so gotta make room!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks