• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about 5 ton on eBay

Blythewoodjoe

OK, first off, I haven't been on here much for several months and I thought there was an Ebay auction forum last time I was looking around. Is it gone? In fact I was looking for a thread I posted last year about having my M813 on ebay and I don't see that either. Was all that stuff deleted?

Before I post the link to the auction in question, I will wait and see if I am possibly about to break a rule against such behavior.

While I'm at it though, the auction I ran across that is a joke got me fired up and I just put my M813 back on ebay. I will also put it in the classified in a few minutes so people here can find it. Am I to assume there is no where in the site now to post a note about such an auction?

In the mean time check out the classified in a hour or so for my truck. And somebody clue me in.

Joe

Blythewoodjoe

The auction I am referring too ends in two days and is titled " LOW MILEAGE 2 OWNER 5 TON 6x6 DIESEL CARGO/TROOP TRUCK". I saw it and the price is at least 2 times what it should be and that hasn't "met reserve". He even states it has a "full" diesel engine and the picture shows an old multifuel with plants all over it. His answers to questions are quite amusing too.

It's a lot of BS on ebay.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow Joe, I missed it! I didn't notice the "members ebay listing" section was gone! Just looked, and you are right.

WyoDeuce

That guy is nuts. He has had it for 5 years but still has a SF97 that has not been converted to a proper state title. He also thinks it will do 70 mph. Not worth half the price.

papercu

Yep, new rules, as I understand it, the powers that be don't want any links/posting to any active auctions. They have also removed the section about "stuff" members are selling on ebay. "It"s a new world out there" Wayne

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched that auction, and sent the question telling him it was a LDS motor.. Was shocked that it did not hit a reserve at over 5 grand. Piece of junk, maybe a 2500 dollar truck if cleaned up and running good.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yep, new rules, as I understand it, the powers that be don't want any links/posting to any active auctions. They have also removed the section about "stuff" members are selling on ebay. "It"s a new world out there" Wayne
The problem went as follows:

People complained when other folks posted links or even mentioned upcoming auctions, for a # of reasons which have all been debated to utter dust in a million previous threads.

After much debate, it was decided to not allow people to post info on upcoming auctions. No reason to give GL free advertising after all.

Then, this created a new issue: Why is it not allowable to inform the membership of upcoming/current auctions on GL, yet there were 2 forums for informing membership of items currently on ebay (member and non member ebay items)?

This was stickier, as the SS member who has the item on ebay would obviously like everyone to see it, but the 10 SS members who are quietly watching it are hoping no one sees it and they can get it for pennies.

Ultimately, to ensure there was continuity in the policies, the ebay forums were removed and members asked to put their items that are either for sale or items they are looking for in the classifieds.

That is when the "For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads! "was added to the header.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That auction is the biggest steaming pile of shill bidder BS I think I've seen on eBarf in 5 years.

No one can smoke enough crack to bid $7K+ on that thing. To smoke that much crack, your head would explode and little Martians would run out and dance a jig. It's just impossible.

vtdeucedriver

That auction is the biggest steaming pile of shill bidder BS I think I've seen on eBarf in 5 years.

No one can smoke enough crack to bid $7K+ on that thing. To smoke that much crack, your head would explode and little Martians would run out and dance a jig. It's just impossible.

Personally I think its a toss up between that one and the Fire truck one that was on here and its owner pulled the thread about it when I asked some questions about his ebay ad.:deadhorse:

FM5332FF

I saw that earlier, I laughed, If that is not a buddy bidding it up i feel sorry for the poor guy that pays that much for a truck in that bad of shape.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks