• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick question on air ride seat.....

dslucas

So I noticed after I got the deuce, that when cresting the top of a hill, the seat seems to drop a little bit. I also noticed the drivers seat is fairly new. While adjusting the parking brake this weekend, I happened to look underneath the seat, and noticed an air cylinder underneath, along with the spring. Not having any experience with air ride seats before, I am wondering if this is an air ride seat, or just the spring type. Sorry, didn't get any pics. I can tell you from personal experience that the driver's seat is WAY more comfortable than the passenger side.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original(spring ride) seat has a shock absorber, no air cylinder.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked at the -10TM, the drivers seat adjustment is listed there.

dslucas

Ok. Thanks, Doghead. I think what I may be looking at is a shock absorber cylinder, and not an actual cylinder. Now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing any actual airlines running to it so it makes sense. Thanks.

dslucas

On a side note....does anyone know if there is an easy search function for the pdf manuals? I printed out the -20 and its easier simply becuase of the table of contents. When I view the rest of these, like the -10....each section is shown as "Para 3-2" (for example). I really don't want to have to print 13000 pages of manuals if I can avoid it. Also I like the pdfs on my tablet so that I can view them anywhere needed. It's just a bit of a pain sorting through every page in a pdf in order to find something specific.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I clicked on the magnifying glass(search tool) and entered "seat", to find it.

If you want to see just parts/pictures and part numbers, use the TMs ending with -P.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks