• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick question on air ride seat.....

dslucas

So I noticed after I got the deuce, that when cresting the top of a hill, the seat seems to drop a little bit. I also noticed the drivers seat is fairly new. While adjusting the parking brake this weekend, I happened to look underneath the seat, and noticed an air cylinder underneath, along with the spring. Not having any experience with air ride seats before, I am wondering if this is an air ride seat, or just the spring type. Sorry, didn't get any pics. I can tell you from personal experience that the driver's seat is WAY more comfortable than the passenger side.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original(spring ride) seat has a shock absorber, no air cylinder.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked at the -10TM, the drivers seat adjustment is listed there.

dslucas

Ok. Thanks, Doghead. I think what I may be looking at is a shock absorber cylinder, and not an actual cylinder. Now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing any actual airlines running to it so it makes sense. Thanks.

dslucas

On a side note....does anyone know if there is an easy search function for the pdf manuals? I printed out the -20 and its easier simply becuase of the table of contents. When I view the rest of these, like the -10....each section is shown as "Para 3-2" (for example). I really don't want to have to print 13000 pages of manuals if I can avoid it. Also I like the pdfs on my tablet so that I can view them anywhere needed. It's just a bit of a pain sorting through every page in a pdf in order to find something specific.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I clicked on the magnifying glass(search tool) and entered "seat", to find it.

If you want to see just parts/pictures and part numbers, use the TMs ending with -P.