• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

ranchhopper

Has anyone read the comments on the news website link that the OP provided, gives some insight as to how some people outside the hobby view us. :|
I dont know how they could view us as the bad guy the MV hobbiest was the one killed. Im not making any judgements here but the damage where it occurred on the surviving vehicles is pretty self evident what happened here. I was coming home from haspin this year and was almost rear ended by a tractor trailer he came up on me so fast I was ready to hit the ditch and he just missed me this was mid morning on a sunny clear day and I was in the right hand lane of a four lane road. Im not bashing truck drivers here dont get the wrong idea I drove tractor trailer for years it could have been a bus, car or any other type of vehicle Im just relaying the experience I had. In illinois the speed of traffic is only governed by the slowest vehicle in that particular lane its way out of hand but we as the slowest vehicle on the road most of the time have to keep a good eye on the rear view as well as forward in front of us its a sad fact of life now with all the toys manufactured now days that distract the everyday driver that should not be allowed in a moving vehicle. Deepest condolences from my family go out to James' family.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My condolences to his family and friends. MV related or not, it's sad!
If anyone gets information about donations to the family, please post it.

gunboy1656

Well he must have some family or friends, according to his profile someone was on this morning at 0521. The accident was listed at 1230 yesterday.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear the news!!! I sent him a PM asking him if he needed help picking up the Trunk on Friday. I was in Vegas on Vac.
Will miss him!!! RIP:cry:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones today. He will be more than welcome to sit shotgun in my deuce for Monday's parade. I'll leave the spot open for him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks