• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the way I wanted to start the holiday weekend. RIP James, and my thoughts and prayers are with your family.
It makes you give thought to the fact we never know when it could happen, and that we should always tell our loved ones that we do "love them".

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who were not keeping up with James' A3 Recovery, here's the thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/71649-nellis-m35a3-recovery-sorta-2.html

I know it's kinda late, but I added my "Rating" to that thread (upper right above the fist post on every page of each thread)
AND
I also chalked up a mark on his "Reputation" (The little YinYang thingie below his avatar in the lefthand column of Post #1)

It is "after the fact", but I felt it was like sending flowers in his memory.
Maybe y'all will do the same.

John

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I echo the sentiments of all those who have commented on this thread.......this is a great loss to the SS family and I'm sure to his family.

Do we have someone with a Paypal account that would be willing to sponsor and maintain a "Cards and flowers" fund so that when something like this happens we as a group could send something on our behalf?

The funds could be held in trust and used as needed.

Just an idea.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a heart-wrenching tragedy for any family or closely knit group like the many good folks here on SS. But I am reminded of a personal family friend who died some years back in another tragedy involving hang-gliding. Hand-gliding was more than our friends Mike's hobby--- it was his passion. He was an avid hang-glider for many years and a very experienced pilot. His passing was heartbreaking. Yet somehow, at that time, all of us knowing that Mike died doing what he loved the most--- made our pain and loss just a little easier to bear.

And if it isn't too out-of-place for me to suggest that though it seems senseless in the manner which it happened--- perhaps James has also left our world doing what he so loved as well... may he find eternal peace.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I echo the sentiments of all those who have commented on this thread.......this is a great loss to the SS family and I'm sure to his family.

Do we have someone with a Paypal account that would be willing to sponsor and maintain a "Cards and flowers" fund so that when something like this happens we as a group could send something on our behalf?

The funds could be held in trust and used as needed.

Just an idea.
WM has a good idea here.

After consulting via PM, I will be creating the SteelSoldiers Benevolence Fund, and will be posting a thread within the Chaplains Corner sometime this weekend. In it, I will do my best to outline the basics.

I do not want to hijack this thread, but many subscribed here will want to be looking for that thread in the near future. (I'll post the link here as well.)

ALSO:
Does anyone have contact info for James Ruman's family? ...Please PM to me.

Thank you.
John

hdmax

I was at Kip's farm earlier today, talking to him and Tyler (Chevracer87) they told me about this. All I can say is WOW, what a shame.
In the picture it looks like the seat and windshield frame is out in the field.

If it is the seat, it must not have been bolted down. Not bed, or side boards, and a soft top gave him no chance in a roll over. even a hard top can't support 6 1/2 ton. I seen two roll overs when I was stationed in Germany, both had this same outcome.
My apologies if my speculation is over the top.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends!

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SERVICE INFORMATION:

I have just spoken to the Funeral Director handling arrangements for James Ruman in Utah.

Funeral Arrangements are PENDING in Arizona.

Following the Coronor's release (unknown date/time) thh Service Schedule will be set.

He will know more details by Tuesday.

Reactions: FMJ

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Terrible news...Rest in Peace fellow steelsoldier.

Having spent thousands of miles on the interstates, I know how vulnerable we are out there. Like to think that the knuckleboom provides ROP, but don't want it tested that way...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks