• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

Capt.Marion

That is scary. Having seen his posts around since he joined, this is very sad. We'll miss you, buddy.

I look forward to hearing more details of the accident.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very sad news, I remember reading his recovery thread and waiting for his update about getting her home from the shop he left it at. Prayers to his family and may he rest in peace.

Crazyguypa

Very sad news. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

No matter how careful you are with your vehicles making sure it's safe, it's the other people on the road you have to watch out for.

91W350

Some of the bumps in life's road are rough, this is among the roughest out there. I hope he gets to roll coal on the other side. Rest in peace my friend. Glen

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
James D. Ruman - RIP Brother

Let us pray....

Dear Lord, God Almighty,
We approach Your throne this morning with grieved hearts. Yet, God, we know that James NOW is in Your glory.

Seldom do we understand the complexities of Your Divine Plan, but in faith we accept Your all knowing wisdom.

Please bring comfort to James' family, friends, coworkers, and to all of us in this SteelSoldiers brotherhood and family of MV enthusiasts. Bring to us who mourn our loss the peace and assurance that James is embraced by his heavenly rewards.

Thank you, God, for your mercy, and for forgiving all of our sins through our faith in the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Lord, please open our hearts to the needs of those closest and most effected by James' death from this world. Help us all, in whatever ways that You chose, to minister to them and to accommodate their earthly and spiritual needs.

Please fill us with your Holy Spirit to touch the lives of others through this SteelSoldiers Forum and to use it to Your glory and honor, God, especially in this time of raised emotion and inward reflection. May James' passing not be in vain, but let it be a portal through which those who may be unsure of their faith and beliefs will truly consider that part of their lives.

Father, we accept our mortality. Please bless us all with many days - full of life, fruitfulness, good health, and good fellowship with your other children on this Earth.

We pray in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
AMEN

Pinz25086

Please let the family know that we all here feel a loss of a member. It is a shame that he died so early. Thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.

Wayne

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good guy and member of SS was involved in a fatal accident. His A3 is damaged beyond belief. Not many details.

James was a good guy and just moved to a great area of Utah with lots of plans. And he really loved his trucks. I'll miss him.

Here's a link to the A3 recovery: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/71649-nellis-m35a3-recovery-sorta.html

And the initial news report of the accident:
ksl.com - 3-car crash kills St. George man driving surplus military truck

And the A3. Please don't speculate about the accident here. We'll get the details soon enough.

This is very sad and always terrible to hear. I don't even know what to say...
VelociT:
Sir, on behalf of many who are probably thinking the same thing, I respectfully request that you RE-READ the OP's request that I have highlighted in yellow above.

Please to do not hasten to judgement without all the FACTS lest you be judged in that same manner.

I believe that the intent of this thread is for repectful rememberance and comfort - Let's keep it on that level please.

Thank you
Respectfully,
John
San Angelo, TX

[edit: PS no longer applicable following edit of speculative post.]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks