• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Prayers to the family. May he rest in peace. If anyone has any contact with his family, please let us know if there's any support we can provide.

velociT

Cold, my post contains the utmost respect for James. It was based on the information released from UHP.

I am honestly sad about this. It could have been any of us.

If someone died due to negligence from a firearm, they would already be in jail. I fail to see how an assault with a truck should be any different.

gunboy1656

UMMMM...WOW.

Not the kind of thing I expected to read about this weekend. As I have said many times I am not a praying man, but I hope that everyone involved not just his family but the others in the accident can get over this.

And I also hope that he didn't suffer at all.

Katahdin

According to the UHP a semi trailer ran into the back of a passenger van that, in turn, ran into the 2 1/2 Ton Army surplus vehicle driven by Ruman.
Link (paid subscription)

Workaround: If you use http://news.google.com and search for "Parowan"you can get the article, but it doesn't give much more detail than the article in the opening post.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
PAROWAN -- An accident on Interstate 15 Friday took the life of a St. George man.
The Utah Highway Patrol identified the victim as James D. Ruman, age 50, who died at the scene of the crash.
The accident occurred at approximately 12:30 p.m. near milepost 71 and involved three vehicles traveling in a line going northbound.
According to the UHP a semi trailer ran into the back of a passenger van that, in turn, ran into the 2 1/2 Ton Army surplus vehicle driven by Ruman.
Three other people received minor injuries and were taken to a local hospital. Their names have not been released.
The cause of the accident is unknown, but the UHP says no drugs or alcohol were involved.

Electrons

How sad. My prayers are with the family.

Being around the hobby so long, this sort of thing kind of shakes you up. You get the feeling that these trucks are some of the best built on the road. Even then, I guess they won't stop everything. :(

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Oh man, I'm pretty sure this was the recovery trip home from Nellis based on what he told me, Very sad, my prayers are with his family. :(

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Has anyone read the comments on the news website link that the OP provided, gives some insight as to how some people outside the hobby view us. :|

michigandon

A grim reminder that when The Man Upstairs determines that your number is up, you're outta here and there's not much us mere mortals can do about it. :(

michigandon

Having been upside down in a pickup, I know that that is the worst feeling you can have.
Having laid my wife's Sprinter over on its side due to a hydroplaning incident on a VERY BUSY stretch of Interstate Highway (and ending up drivers side high), I can assure you that that is not a very pleasant experience either.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very terrible news to hear, one of our own killed in his own truck. :-( May God rest his soul, and I will pray for his family....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks