• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--TIGGER--Matthew Helms

zout

Wreckerman - I am glad you finally posted up - which was extrememly hard to even put the first thread in about this.

Tigger spoke highly of you when we sat around at the cookouts when he spent the nights - and when he came down to the campground RV area - My suggestion if there is a ceremony at the Rally This year - I recommend Wreckerman if he would accept to be in charge of it - I know how close Tig was personally to you.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We have often had discussions about having a "Command Retreat" on Saturday evening but it has always been shelved due to issues that pop up. I think this year it will take place. I'm sure there are enough of us old soldiers at the rally to make it the respectful and honorary event that it should be. I would be honored to make it happen for our Brother Tigger (Matthew). When Clinto opens the 2014 rally thread and the t-shirt thread both issues will be addressed.
Tigger would want us to be happy and remember the good times.......there is a hole in my heart today.

tbar123

I didn't know "Tigger" or I don't believe that I have spoke with him. From all the responses, I imagine he was a great man and a great addition to our society. I feel for his family and hope that they find peace with the time that they did have with him. God rest your soul steelsoldier.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just had an idea.

Zout changed his avatar to Tigger's smiley that patracy provided and I just did as well.

I think it would be a nice gesture if as many folks as possible changed their avatars to the "Tigger Smiley", say until the 31st of May in memory of Tigger??
This will make us think of Tigger whenever we are making or reading a post.

:tigger::tigger:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice idea.

RIP Tigger.

We'll miss you.

zout

Gotta tell ya honestly - after what PB posted up - you SS member just made a weaping slobbering fool out of an ole man - what an honor changing your avatar in a simple SALUTE to Tigger.

jw4x4

I am still in disbelief upon hearing this. I have read each and every post, and just could not put into words how stunned I am. The main thing I take from this is how fragile and fleeting our lives are. I had the privilege to have known Matthew thru the Georgia Rallies. He literally had his finger on the pulse of everything happening at Durhamtown. He was always at the ready, on standby for the inevitable injury call. There is no better peacetime calling than to provide aid and comfort to someone that is hurt. And he took charge and did it well.
Rest In Peace, my friend. We shall carry on with you fondly in our memories and prayers, as we know that is what you would wish us to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks