• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Racing Jimmies

majortom

In Wisconsin we have long winters & good beer, so we have a tendency to come up with some, uh, let's say unusual ideas. Those of you that know me, understand I have a thing for M series GMCs. Well, we're having a party on July 18th and needed something different to do. We now have 3 race prepared (5 point belts, glass pacs, etc.) M135 trucks. Party goers will have the opportunity to race these trucks, wheel to wheel around a closed field course. This may be the one & only time it'll happen. Come join the fun!!! For more info you can call 715-449-2141 or go to OpenDNS.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Majortom your OpenDNS link is incorrect. The n is left off.

Looks like it will be a lot of fun.

sw

APM215

That sounds like fun I wish I was closer.
Tom are you going to put bed's on them?
Are they stock 302 and auto or have you modified them?

And this is a preemptive
nopics

majortom

Reminds me of the 70's when the dirt track race car *******s were cutting up the muscle cars to run the oval tracks.............You dumb****s.
For thirty years we have supplied technical information for GMC M series we have fixed more of these trucks than you have ever seen in your life. We have also chopped up over 200. If you don't like the fact that were racing these trucks, you should of reached in your back pocket and bought them before we did. you dumb****.

Westech

CPL
Hey Jim I know for a fact we here at SS dont put up with that kind of talk. I know some times things get heated but flat out name calling is not the way to go. I would suggest very highly that you edit your post before a mod does. I have a good feeling a mod will not be so nice and put up with this type of behavior.

majortom

I will make sure that somebody gets good video. As far as the race prep we choose three identical M135s. They have been outfitted with Civilian distributors, Reamed out carb jets, glass packs, Steel roofs, Five point belts, Etc.
We removed the beds, original fuel tanks, spare mounts, etc. to make the trucks lighter in the rear so they slide sideways better. The track is set up to limit the top speed to about 40 miles an hour on the main straight.
This is one of those ideas that had to be done. Its not a big loss, if we mangle these trucks there not prime examples. We have at least a dozen more in much better condition. We also use a M211 for 105mm target practice, Because we ran out of WWII Trucks to shoot up..

BugEyeBear

As they say, "there is a fine line between insanity & genius".

Personally I'm just sorry that I didn't have the idea, equipment, and facilities to do this 1st!

I'm also REALLY sorry that I can't be there!!

PLEASE POST VIDEOS!!

"Cheers!"
-Bear-

PS: At one time NASCAR was viewed as being just a bunch of dumb red necks driving in circles in their junk cars....
Now it is one of the richest events in motorsports!
"He who laughs last..."

emr

WOW! I have to say that any use of historical military trucks that does not pursue the education and preservation of these pieces of history is just bad taste to say the least, and to say that U ran out of WW2 trucks to shoot up??? what planet are U from, U are either very young, or just extremly imature. What do u think U are doing with that kind of talk on this site about another member anyway??? If U have any tough guy comments for me my # is 973 219 4499 , Because u must be one tough cookie....:wink:

emr

For thirty years we have supplied technical information for GMC M series we have fixed more of these trucks than you have ever seen in your life. We have also chopped up over 200. If you don't like the fact that were racing these trucks, you should of reached in your back pocket and bought them before we did. you dumb****.
Who was supplied with this technical info??? and why???just how much technical info do these trucks have that is not already known ,after all they are sooo comlex...NASA maybe... U have fixed more trucks than who has seen in there lifes??? any documentation of chopping up 200???And U are the one who puts up the money for these, I am saying this because if U are saying someone is less of a man than U because U bought them first U need to back up these childlike statements with some facts...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks