• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Racing Seats and Seat Brackets

mcne2026

I am looking to install some racing seats that allow me to use a 5 point harness. I am installing a S&M Roll Cage also. I would like to retain the factory seat brackets to make the install easy. When I look at the brackets, the rear are lower and use an arm to the slider to make then level with the front. I have included a link to the seats I want. What do you think I will need to mount these sliders and seats to our brackets?

http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=194

BKinzey

I've got a better suggestion. If you are going with a roll cage have cross bars made up and mount your seats to that.

I'm mounting different seats in mine and matching them up is a pain!

CCATLETT1984

I would recommend the cross-bars as well, I not then I would at least use the sliders that came with the seats and make a braket to mount them to the truck.

Please remember not to mount the roll cage to the body of the truck (GO TO THE FRAME)

mcne2026

They only have one reclining seat and it does not have an application for a Blazer. Plus, it is more expensive than the Hunsacker.

I found a company, Wedge Manufacturing in Long Beach, that makes a replacement bracket for the CUCV. They make it to order and will customize the top to fit any seat. You just send them the bolt pattern and dimensions. Only $75 per bracket. Not a bad price at all.

85-m1028

Ohh, for some reason I had it in my head that you were putting them in a pickup. the one reclining seat they have is really nice "thought about putting em in my jeep" but they are a bit more$$. Still if I had my druthers I'd go mastercraft all the way something about the way conform around you and have that little bit of cushy give over bumps :D

CCATLETT1984

mcne2026 said:
They only have one reclining seat and it does not have an application for a Blazer. Plus, it is more expensive than the Hunsacker.

I found a company, Wedge Manufacturing in Long Beach, that makes a replacement bracket for the CUCV. They make it to order and will customize the top to fit any seat. You just send them the bolt pattern and dimensions. Only $75 per bracket. Not a bad price at all.

do you have any more contact info for this company?

ONTOS66

Sounded interesting, I'd like to change the seats in my M1009 too. I did a Google and found this:

2031 E Cherry Industrial Cir
Long Beach, CA , 90805-4409
Address Map
Phone: 562-633-1663

Products Description:
Manufactures automobile seats

Is that the correct company?